Question Low fps in tomb raider 2013 and Ghost recon wildlands

Jan 24, 2021
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue I'm having. It's the first pc I've built and I'm not very knowledgeable.

Currently I am playing tomb raider and GR: wildlands and my fps are around 20-25. I was expecting to be able to play these games in high or ultra settings and still get 60fps but I'm not sure why I am not.

My build is
CPU: i7-9700k
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z390-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
GPU: Palit GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GamingPro Video Card
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 CL16 Memory
HDD: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

From task manager it says from the performance tab when in GR: wildlands.:
The gpu shows its working at 96-99%
The cpu shows its working around 35-40%
The ram shows its working at 45%

Vsync is off.

But I'm still only getting 20 - 22 fps and at best it sometimes 25. But if I paused it jumps to 55/60fps but I understand that this is because its not as taxing. I've tried working the problem myself with reading the forums here and LTT etc. But honestly I'm stumped.

I've tried uninstalling all the drivers and reinstalling the drivers for the 2060.
I've tried changing graphic settings and even at everything low as possible it just about gets to 50fps.

Meanwhile games like world of warships runs at 70fps with everything ultra high so I just don't understand.

If its unrealistic for me to get ultra high settings in this that's fine but I was hoping for a high quality experience with 60fps and I'd be over the moon.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Systems 0
mon4ro Systems 1

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS