Question Low FPS issues in RTX 3050

Jun 23, 2022
Hello, I have a Acer Nitro 5 Laptop with RTX 3050 and a i5 11400 and I was having low FPS issues in CS:GO and Rainbow Six Siege. I am having around 140 FPS in CS:GO then after some hours it auddenly drops to 70 - 90 FPS is it because of temp issues? any possible fix? I also have higher fps while using high settings and lower fps while using low settings. While playing Rainbow Six I only have around 80 FPS (high settings) I tried low settings but my CPU usage is higher than my GPU this time though it improved my FPS a bit. Any suggestions or fix? Anything would help.

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
It sounds like either a) battery is low and he is throttling or b) he is using IGPU of the cpu instead of the 3050. Try a restart and see if it fixes the problem, go into Nvidia driver and set it to “performance”. Right click desktop, Nvidia control panel. Settings at the top.

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
oh alr, i already bought a laptop cooler it decreased around 20 degrees but after some weeks the fans were pretty slow.
anyways im sure my specs could run r6 better than 70 - 80 fps so why is it like that?
I thought you figured it out? Temperature issue. I mean it sounds plausible, if the temps are too high the system will throttle. What happened with the cooler? The fans aren’t full speed anymore?

KyaraM

Admirable
92°C certainly sounds like the CPU gets throttled due to temp issues. From reading around here, there is a program called ThrottleStop that can tell you why your machine is throttling. Did you try that out? Iirc it van also help with undervolting mobile chips, which would help keeping temps in check. Maybe someone who knows this progress better might be able to help you on this.

Jun 23, 2022
92°C certainly sounds like the CPU gets throttled due to temp issues. From reading around here, there is a program called ThrottleStop that can tell you why your machine is throttling. Did you try that out? Iirc it van also help with undervolting mobile chips, which would help keeping temps in check. Maybe someone who knows this progress better might be able to help you on this.
Oh alright, I dont know how throttlestop works tho :(

john TJ

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2014
Your cpu is throttling down , try using a cooler for that laptop and see if anything changes .
Some people undervolt laptop cpu to reduce heating and thermal throttling issues

Jun 23, 2022
Your cpu is throttling down , try using a cooler for that laptop and see if anything changes .
Some people undervolt laptop cpu to reduce heating and thermal throttling issues
I already am using a cooler and you can't undervolt a 11th Gen If I'm correct.