[SOLVED] Low fps, low CPU and GPU usage and temperatures

Jun 26, 2020
This is my 1st thread, sorry if I miss something.

I'm having low FPS issues on a few games, raft, subnautica, Apex Legends to name a few. My FPS fluctuates anywhere from 60 to 144 depending on scenery. Note: Overwatch & World of Tanks runs at 144 consistent fps without issues, as another example.

My Build:
  • Windows 10
  • Nvidia 2070 Super Windforce OC 3x
  • Ryzen 5 2600
  • G Skill Ram 16GB DDR4
  • Gigabyte Motherboard B450M DS3H
  • 550 W PSU
  • 144 Hz Monitor
I've tried:
  • Reinstalling Nvidia GPU drivers
  • Reinstalling chipset drivers
  • Reinstalling windows
  • Updating windows
  • Monitoring CPU / GPU temps which stay around 55 degrees
  • Monitoring CPU / GPU usage which is around 50% CPU and 40% GPU usage
  • Seeing if any CPU cores are maxing out, they are not and hit 80-90% tops with 50% average.
  • Used HW Monitor for monitoring Power/Voltage to make sure components get the power they need.
  • Overclocked CPU to 4.1Ghz and 1.425V with no changes in performance.
  • Checked Nvidia control panel settings to make sure settings were on high performance and such.
  • Display settings are set to 144 hz.
No clue what else to do. Considering upgrading to the Ryzen 7 3700x as I'm suspecting a CPU bottleneck (even though the stats don't reflect a confirmation of this theory), but that's the best I have to go off of, but I feel like there's some other underlying issue going on.

Last edited:
Solution
Usually do they recommend to use slots 2+4 from the cpu out. (A2+B2)

What speed is the ram? If just 2133mhz is it really slow for Ryzen. If it is 3000/3200mhz would that be better, but needs to be set to that, will still run at 2133mhz if DOCP/XMP (depends on motherboard) isn't enabled. To enable DOCP/XMP do you need to go into the bios.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Usually do they recommend to use slots 2+4 from the cpu out. (A2+B2)

What speed is the ram? If just 2133mhz is it really slow for Ryzen. If it is 3000/3200mhz would that be better, but needs to be set to that, will still run at 2133mhz if DOCP/XMP (depends on motherboard) isn't enabled. To enable DOCP/XMP do you need to go into the bios.

Solution