Low FPS New GPU

zonedee12

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
Hey guys, I just bought a Gigabyte Geforce GTX760, installed it and noticed that my FPS wasn't much better than my MSI Twin Frozr II that I bought about 3 years ago. I was wondering if my set up is wrong or if there's some bottleneck going on. I also haven't overclocked anything. I also use a HDMI connection to from the GPU to a 1080P sony TV instead of using a monitor (I'm not sure if that means any difference.)

My CPU is AMD FX-6100 i6 core 3.3GHZ. 600W PSU, MSI Military Class II P67A-GD55 mobo. Gigabyte Windforce Geforce GTX760 OC version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
I would assume the 6100 is bottle-necking the 760 OC which is a decent mid range card...it depends on your funds of course but if I were you I would be looking at the fastest processor your motherboard supports. With the AMD CPU's generally speaking, the more cores the better, and without question clock speed is king.

zonedee12

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
Low FPS in gaming. FFXIV, Arkham Asylum, BF4 and I did update the drivers as soon as I got the card. I will verify that they are the most current to date, but I don't think any new ones have come out in the last week.

We don't know what old card you were using. "MSI Twin Frozr II" is the cooler design, but doesn't specify the GPU.

Check CPU usage when playing those games. If at least 2 cores are at 100% load, your performance is probably bottlenecked by the FX 6300.

I would assume the 6100 is bottle-necking the 760 OC which is a decent mid range card...it depends on your funds of course but if I were you I would be looking at the fastest processor your motherboard supports. With the AMD CPU's generally speaking, the more cores the better, and without question clock speed is king.

Solution