Question Low fps on a good machine

What PSU do you have? That system can pull at least 380 watts and if its not a decent one that could be the issue. Also ensure that you have the RTX setting off. Also what are the exact specs of your friends PC including monitor resolution. What monitor resolution are you using?

I barley get 100 fps with 1440p and a 3900x + 2070 super on modern warfare...

Hi Lusty.

Is your system pre-built or did you build this system?

What is the CPU of your friend?

What resolution are you both playing at?

80GB left on the 250GB SSD. Don't full that too much or it will crawl.

The RAM is at 3000MHz instead of 3200MHz. XMP profile at 3000MHz instead of 3200MHz?

What slots are the RAM in?

What is your PSU brand and model?

Aug 15, 2020
What PSU do you have? That system can pull at least 380 watts and if its not a decent one that could be the issue. Also ensure that you have the RTX setting off. Also what are the exact specs of your friends PC including monitor resolution. What monitor resolution are you using?

I barley get 100 fps with 1440p and a 3900x + 2070 super on modern warfare...
Its a corsair psu.
All my settings are on low and rtx is off, i am using 1080p and so is he. We both have the same specs except he has a 3600x and a stronger psu.

Aug 15, 2020
Hi Lusty.

Is your system pre-built or did you build this system?

What is the CPU of your friend?

What resolution are you both playing at?

80GB left on the 250GB SSD. Don't full that too much or it will crawl.

The RAM is at 3000MHz instead of 3200MHz. XMP profile at 3000MHz instead of 3200MHz?

What slots are the RAM in?

What is your PSU brand and model?
I built this system myself a while ago.

My friend has a 3600x

We are both on 1080p

Yes my ram is at 3000mhz if i put it any higher it crashes my pc

They are in the second and fourth slot

The psu is corsair i'm not sure which model but its old

I built this system myself a while ago.

My friend has a 3600x

We are both on 1080p

Yes my ram is at 3000mhz if i put it any higher it crashes my pc

They are in the second and fourth slot

The psu is corsair i'm not sure which model but its old
What are your in game temps looking like with your CPU and GPU?
Make sure you have not set the FPS limit of the game in the settings to 100 fps.
Make sure your windows power plan advanced setting for PCIe is set to no power savings.

Aug 15, 2020
What are your in game temps looking like with your CPU and GPU?
Make sure you have not set the FPS limit of the game in the settings to 100 fps.
Make sure your windows power plan advanced setting for PCIe is set to no power savings.
My gpu sits around 65 and my cpu is around 80
It is capped at 144fps but never reaches it
The power plan is set to performance mode

My gpu sits around 65 and my cpu is around 80
It is capped at 144fps but never reaches it
The power plan is set to performance mode
Your CPU starts throttling at 75 C. That may have some to do with it. Are you useing the stock cooler? If so getting a decent 40-60 dollar cooler will help out a lot. Modern warefare is really cpu intense at 1080p. That may be why your friend gets better fps. even though you have a better graphics card.

Also under the performance mode in the power options tab there is an edit power plan option. Click that and scroll down to the part where it talks about PCIe power savings and make sure it is set to no power savings.

Also did you ever update your amd chipset drivers and download and install the Ryzen specific power plans for windows?

Aug 15, 2020
Your CPU starts throttling at 75 C. That may have some to do with it. Are you useing the stock cooler? If so getting a decent 40-60 dollar cooler will help out a lot. Modern warefare is really cpu intense at 1080p. That may be why your friend gets better fps. even though you have a better graphics card.

Also under the performance mode in the power options tab there is an edit power plan option. Click that and scroll down to the part where it talks about PCIe power savings and make sure it is set to no power savings.

Also did you ever update your amd chipset drivers and download and install the Ryzen specific power plans for windows?
For the past couple months my pc has started beeping twice when i turn it on but i'm not sure what it means, the pcie power saving was already off when i checked.
I never downloaded and drivers of power plans because i bought my mobo, cpu and ram as a bundle so i thought that was already done for me.

For the past couple months my pc has started beeping twice when i turn it on but i'm not sure what it means, the pcie power saving was already off when i checked.
I never downloaded and drivers of power plans because i bought my mobo, cpu and ram as a bundle so i thought that was already done for me.
Drivers are something that are constantly updated. So even if your system was up to date the day you built it / bought it that means you wont have all the potential improvments up until now to various things.

As for the beeps I would check your motherboard manual for beep codes, this could be something or nothing. If it gets to Windows and can be put under load without crashing it cant be too serious, but always good to check. I suspect that this is the post beep, but probably not if it only just started happening.

Aug 15, 2020
Drivers are something that are constantly updated. So even if your system was up to date the day you built it / bought it that means you wont have all the potential improvments up until now to various things.

As for the beeps I would check your motherboard manual for beep codes, this could be something or nothing. If it gets to Windows and can be put under load without crashing it cant be too serious, but always good to check. I suspect that this is the post beep, but probably not if it only just started happening.
I have updated them and still getting bad performance, the only thing i can think off now is my motherboard. Could it be the reason for performance loss