[SOLVED] Low fps on a gtx 1050 and i7-8750H and 8gb of ram

Aug 7, 2021
The game I usually play is valorant and I have looked on youtube and people with similar settings get around 130 to 150 fps. But my pc gets stuck at 50-70 unless I overclock it and brings me to around 90. I use a laptop. I have 8gb or ram(single stick). I tried using the benchmark software from msi while playing it shows gpu and cpu usage at around 30 % for both. But my cpu temp is like 82-88. So is the reason thermal throttling. If its not pls tell me and if possible suggest some solutions. Thank you for your time.

Solution
anyone playing a modern AAA game with that system at 130+fps has all settings on low\off and probably using a lower than average resolution just to achieve this.
anyone creating videos trying to prove otherwise is just fishing for views with a modified system or edited content to make it appear this way.

you are getting exactly what you should with these specs on a laptop at 1080p with ~medium settings.
my cpu temp is like 82-88. So is the reason thermal throttling.
its possible that thermal throttling may be occurring in the higher 80s.
but most games do not utilize 100% CPU usage for any long amounts of time, if at all.
anyone playing a modern AAA game with that system at 130+fps has all settings on low\off and probably using a lower than average resolution just to achieve this.
anyone creating videos trying to prove otherwise is just fishing for views with a modified system or edited content to make it appear this way.

you are getting exactly what you should with these specs on a laptop at 1080p with ~medium settings.
my cpu temp is like 82-88. So is the reason thermal throttling.
its possible that thermal throttling may be occurring in the higher 80s.
but most games do not utilize 100% CPU usage for any long amounts of time, if at all.

Solution