Low FPS on CS:GO

gustafangus

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
Hi again everybody!
My friend built a PC with only 1 intent: to play CS:GO with atleast 200-250fps, no lower. Specs are:
FX 6300
GTX 970 Evga
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
8GB (2x 4096MB) Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz
128GB Crucial MX100
550 Watt XFX Pro Core Edition Non-Modular 80+ Bronze

He only gets like 170-190fps, barely over 200, but that ain't right, since my other friend has a R9 280X with a FX 8320 at stock and gets like 200fps+ easy.
Before you say the CPU is bottlenecking, one thing: one core was reaching like 90% constant usage in CS:GO, so I overclocked the processor to 4.0ghz and now the highest usage core is around 70-80%, but there was almost no FPS gain.
Yes, he has GPU drivers, the latest too, however, this is what I think is the problem:
He had an old 750 WD hard drive, with his old phenom CPU and HD 4970 Gpu, the HDD had windows on it. Basically what he did was, he assembled the pc, put the HDD and the new SSD in, and installed windows on the SSD, while not formatting the HDD, so whenever he starts his PC, it asks him to choose from 2 Operating systems to boot from, both Windows 7, basically the new W7 on the SSD and the old W7 on his HDD, not to mention the old HDD had all the AMD drivers and so on... Could this be the problem? I honestly think so, since when we removed the HDD to just have the SSD to see if there were any difference in CS:GO, the PC wouldn't even boot. It said to choose a correct sata device and operating system...
Anyway, any thoughs to get him to 250fps and more?
Thanks in advance! :D