Question Low FPS on Fortnite With RTX 3070 and DirectX12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2021
Hello,
So last week my game was running perfectly, I was getting over 200 fps on max settings with my 3070. However, this week I saw that for some reason my fps was halved when I played Fortnite. I played on the same settings as before but I could only barely maintain 100 fps. In other games like R6 Siege, Rocket League, and Black Ops 3 I was easily able to maintain over 200 fps on max settings.

My issue is only fixed when I reverted the game back to DirectX11, but my fps is not the same as it was before. Although I am able to maintain a much more consistently high fps on DirectX11, it is nowhere near the same as it was before my DirectX12 stopped working properly. With DirectX11, I am able to reach 144fps, but I am not able to consistently maintain it. Basically, I need help to fix my game while it runs on DirectX12 so that my fps can go back to its previous fps, I want to once again maintain over 200 fps on max settings. There is no reason why a 3070 should be barely able to maintain 100 fps on Fortnite even if it's on max settings.

So far I have tried to reinstall drivers, verify game files, and update windows. I also noticed that while DirectX12 is active, my GPU usage barely exceeds a load over 20%.

Full Specs:
- (CPU) Ryzen 5 3600
-(RAM) G.Skill Flare X Series 16GB (DDR4 3200)
-(GPU) RTX 3070 MSI Ventus 3X
-(PSU) EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 GOLD 750W
-(MB) MSI Performance Gaming X370 Gaming Plus

Ash95

Great
Dec 25, 2020
I was under the impression, high RTX fortnite was around 100fps or less anyway. I may be wrong, but that’s what i have seen/heard before. Assuming we are talking 1440p

Jan 31, 2021
I was under the impression, high RTX fortnite was around 100fps or less anyway. I may be wrong, but that’s what i have seen/heard before. Assuming we are talking 1440p
The issue is that I'm not playing with any RTX settings whatsoever. I am only playing it regularly with max settings. I should've also said that it was at 1440p too, but as I said in the post, I was able to achieve consistent 200+ fps last weeks on the same settings. I literally changed nothing, so I'm not sure why I'm having issues. It's also only for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.