Question Low fps on games - RTX 3070 please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2022
Hello guys, I have been having this issue where my framerates in games are surprisingly low. I have a gaming rig with rtx 3070 , i7-10700k and 16gb ram. When I play forza horizon 5, I only get around 40-60 fps on ultra settings but other people with the same specs as mine get way more fps than me. My friend gets around 100 fps and he plays on his RTX 2060. My GPU usage is around 97-99% and my CPU usage is around 26-30% and my ram only uses 5-6Gb of ram but it takes around 12 gb of ram for my friend and gets higher fps.

Here's what I've tried:
DDU uninstall
reinstalling windows
Disabling HTEP
overclocking
high priority

blackkeys1098

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2016
About 10 months now

I'm assuming you have ALL of your drivers updated? MOBO, chipset, nvidia, intel, and everything else?

You've got the hardware, it just sounds like they're not communicating with each other properly. If not the drivers, a bottle neck somewhere.

Was it running at full capacity at one point then lost performance? Like had it then lost it? How do your other games perform?

In my experience, whenever you reinstall windows, everything needs to "break in" before you hit max performance - seems to take about a week.

Jan 8, 2022
I'm assuming you have ALL of your drivers updated? MOBO, chipset, nvidia, intel, and everything else?

You've got the hardware, it just sounds like they're not communicating with each other properly. If not the drivers, a bottle neck somewhere.

Was it running at full capacity at one point then lost performance? Like had it then lost it? How do your other games perform?

In my experience, whenever you reinstall windows, everything needs to "break in" before you hit max performance - seems to take about a week.
When I run forza my gpu usage would be at 98-99% then cpu wouldn't even reach 30%. I checked the temps and its showing only 36-40 degrees.
I used to get like 80 fps which is still bad but now I get around 40-60. My ram only uses 6gb

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS