[SOLVED] Low FPS on games

Nov 14, 2018
So I’m having very low fps on Minecraft sometimes only 0-20 fps and it’s really laggy. I try playing mod packs and it can run for a few minutes with good fps a few stutters but then it just goes to either 1-2 fps. Why? I can run CS:GO On med-high settings with around 50-100 fps
Here’s what I have:

AMD Ryzen™ 5 2500U Quad-Core (2 GHz, up to 3.6 GHz, 6 MB cache)+AMD Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics

8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)

1 TB 5400 rpm SATA

Solution
To start with I'm pretty sure it is your ram situation. In a perfect world if you can afford it, you should buy 2 sticks of 8 GB at a faster mhz and install so dual channel is enabled. But at a minimum buy another stick of 8 GB and install so dual channel is enabled. Also with only 8 gigs in single channel you may be accessing your hard drive more frequently and 5400 rpm hard drives are slow compared to a 7200 rpm hdd or a ssd.

Racedriver25

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017
To start with I'm pretty sure it is your ram situation. In a perfect world if you can afford it, you should buy 2 sticks of 8 GB at a faster mhz and install so dual channel is enabled. But at a minimum buy another stick of 8 GB and install so dual channel is enabled. Also with only 8 gigs in single channel you may be accessing your hard drive more frequently and 5400 rpm hard drives are slow compared to a 7200 rpm hdd or a ssd.

Solution