Question Low fps on good system

bushybb

Prominent
Dec 31, 2018
I've already posted about this issue before and did get a working solution however 2 weeks after fixing, the problem started up again. My issue is that on R6Siege I average 65 fps when I should be on over 160.
A user told me to do a clean install of graphics card drivers using DDU. After doing this my frames were back to normal. As mentioned earlier my fps have dropped again and despite doing another clean install of drivers (since there was a new driver update) my fps still lie on the 65 mark.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/24818775
anyone got a solution?

I've already posted about this issue before and did get a working solution however 2 weeks after fixing, the problem started up again. My issue is that on R6Siege I average 65 fps when I should be on over 160.
A user told me to do a clean install of graphics card drivers using DDU. After doing this my frames were back to normal. As mentioned earlier my fps have dropped again and despite doing another clean install of drivers (since there was a new driver update) my fps still lie on the 65 mark.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/24818775
anyone got a solution?
Under the textures area there should be an option to prefer maximum performance. I use that on my 1660 super and it seems to work well.
I believe what ohio_buckeye means is, in the Nvidia Control Panel within Manage 3D settings, you can change the GPU power settings for Power management mode to prefer maximum performance either globally in the Global settings tab (all games and programs are affected) or per game by moving to the Program Settings tab next to Global Settings, and selecting only the games affected by low fps.

bushybb

Prominent
Dec 31, 2018
I believe what ohio_buckeye means is, in the Nvidia Control Panel within Manage 3D settings, you can change the GPU power settings for Power management mode to prefer maximum performance either globally in the Global settings tab (all games and programs are affected) or per game by moving to the Program Settings tab next to Global Settings, and selecting only the games affected by low fps.
i changed to prefer max performance modee and no change