Question Low fps on gtx 970

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
Hey guys i actually put my gtx 970 on psu thermaltake litepower 550w, and.i get.low fps , i tried it on gtx 1050.ti oc and.work fine, i got low fps on 970 , is it my power supply?
Spex i7 6700k
8.gb ram stick t force 3200
Windows.10 home
Psu thermaltake litepower 550w

Could be (very high chance), but even if it isn't i'd change it....
Thermaltake is the most cut throat company when comes to profit/quality.
Also their customer support and warranty support is amazingly awful ...just never buy anything TT.

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
Could be (very high chance), but even if it isn't i'd change it....
Thermaltake is the most cut throat company when comes to profit/quality.
Also their customer support and warranty support is amazingly awful ...just never buy anything TT.
Yeah people told.me.the same
But why? Do you think.i have to update drivers and.stuff?
Thats weird

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
Nope if its PSU related... drivers can't solve that... simply put, your PSU might not be able to deliver as much power as the GPU needs, so it just clock's to lower speeds.
So do you think low fps cause power supply? Does it even run if the psu cant handle it? You know if you are sure the psu is causing it , i could buy one

The only way I to be sure is to check it physically, since I cant do that, how can I be sure?
As I said in the post above, the PSU is garbage anyway, even if the problem is not from him, you should change it.

Everyone should understand that, the parts inside computer doesn't just RUN or NOT.... they bleed out!
If you have crappy PSU (like yours), there is no steady delivery of proper voltage inside every part of you PC... which at first is not a problem since everything is running, but you have to understand:

• Good PSU provides close to perfect voltages which leads to longer life to every component in your PC.
  • Good PSU has good protection systems in case the PSU itself fails or there is storm outside.
  • Good PSU will run quieter, longer, cooler.
  • Good PSU will use way much less electricity.
Summary: if you have 30-40$ PSU and 100$ PSU, the difference is 60-70$ but it will ALWAYS pay off greatly, and if it save you PC during Stormy weather it saves you couple the price you pay for it.

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
The only way I to be sure is to check it physically, since I cant do that, how can I be sure?
As I said in the post above, the PSU is garbage anyway, even if the problem is not from him, you should change it.

Everyone should understand that, the parts inside computer doesn't just RUN or NOT.... they bleed out!
If you have crappy PSU (like yours), there is no steady delivery of proper voltage inside every part of you PC... which at first is not a problem since everything is running, but you have to understand:

• Good PSU provides close to perfect voltages which leads to longer life to every component in your PC.
  • Good PSU has good protection systems in case the PSU itself fails or there is storm outside.
  • Good PSU will run quieter, longer, cooler.
  • Good PSU will use way much less electricity.
Summary: if you have 30-40$ PSU and 100$ PSU, the difference is 60-70$ but it will ALWAYS pay off greatly, and if it save you PC during Stormy weather it saves you couple the price you pay for it.
Ok thank you.for.the reply , i will buy a new psu a good conidition
Btw i tried the gpu and.the.psu.on.i5 3470 with 12 gb of ram , and.it.works fine? High fps

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
Omg really you think its a driver issue, i mean if i did this it can solve a problem? Btw ssd is new

Try to Uninstall the Driver first.
Then Install old Driver https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/114351/en-us

If it does not work..
  • Open a Game
  • Open Task Manager and Look at CPU Usage, GPU Usage. if it hitting 100% on both your PC contain bitcoin mining.

To fix it.
- Go Bios,
Enable Legacy Support on Boot.
Disable Secure Boot
Install a Fresh Windows 10.iso

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
Try to Uninstall the Driver first.
Then Install old Driver https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/114351/en-us

If it does not work..
  • Open a Game
  • Open Task Manager and Look at CPU Usage, GPU Usage. if it hitting 100% on both your PC contain bitcoin mining.

To fix it.
- Go Bios,
Enable Legacy Support on Boot.
Disable Secure Boot
Install a Fresh Windows 10.iso
Ok i will try to install driver first it might be a driver issue , well im noob with.pc and.stuff sorry , but how it works.fine.with a gtx 1050 ti oc?

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
It's most likely a driver. The PSU is garbage and shouldn't be paired with this GPU, but that's a separate problem and is very unlikely the cause of this problem, unless something indirect has happened such as the PSU damaging it.
Well i tried both , gtx 1050.ti.oc work just fine , btw.on gtx 970 has low fps and.fps drops , well i.will.try to.install.a driver and.hopefully it.should. fix it , and.i.will.let you know

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
Its a used from my friend worka fine , if u scroll up and read my comments , i tried the gtx 970 on another pc which is i5 3470 12 gb ram work fine
But with i7 6700k 8 gb of ram , low fps ans fps drops , and stutters , but with.gtx 1050.ti oc with this.pc works fine so yes...

It has something to do with Windows OS + Driver.
Because I had a similar problem on RX 580, but mine was the sound..I plug mine on another computer it work fine, only difference was windows 10 version. the other 1 was HTPC so windows update was disabled.. So i ended up reformatting my drive install new windows 10 and disabled that windows update and that annoying sounds crack went away..

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
It has something to do with Windows OS + Driver.
Because I had a similar problem on RX 580, but mine was the sound..I plug mine on another computer it work fine, only difference was windows 10 version. the other 1 was HTPC so windows update was disabled.. So i ended up reformatting my drive install new windows 10 and disabled that windows update and that annoying sounds crack went away..
Ok.i.will tell you exactly what happened, i put the gtx 970 on my pc i7 6700k , and.i just.test it , and.it works fine? High fps? Boom i was so happy
I restart.my.pc and it fps drops again? Thats weird right?

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
Ok.i.will tell you exactly what happened, i put the gtx 970 on my pc i7 6700k , and.i just.test it , and.it works fine? High fps? Boom i was so happy
I restart.my.pc and it fps drops again? Thats weird right?

I think you need to look for culprit. Task Manager and click Details Tab and sort them on CPU when you start to play again after you restart and find out what % CPU Usage those hogging your GPU.

or run (windows + r) and type taskschd.msc and click on Task Scheduler Library folder on left pane.
and look for any culprit there that start any application that start.

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
Im
I think you need to look for culprit. Task Manager and click Details Tab and sort them on CPU when you start to play again after you restart and find out what % CPU Usage those hogging your GPU.

or run (windows + r) and type taskschd.msc and click on Task Scheduler Library folder on left pane.
and look for any culprit there that start any application that start.
Not sure what exactly.you.mean , but i went to details and i.press the cpu on the right corner , and there is system idle process 67
Pubg 28

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
The Problem with your build for pubg is your Ram 8GB.. You gona need 2x8GB RAM at least for that game..
But try other game such as CS:GO
Ok well i tried it on apex legends very low im getting 40 fps , the thing is i tried before before with pubg before i restart and it works fine , its reallt weird dont.know the problem , thank.you very much for helping really , but i would be very glad if you help.me.more