Question Low fps on high end pc

Jul 14, 2019
I have been getting a poor performance on AC odyssey with a very good pc and i would appreciate if anyone could give me some insight
Config
CPU i9 9900K with noctua d15s cooler
GPU gtx 1080 ti
RAM 8gb corsair 2400Mhz
mobo z370-p
600w
Usually im getting around 40-50 fps playing on ultra high settings 1080p
I already used msi afterburner to check heat and cpu/gpu/memory usage and disk usage
CPU stays around 60%
GPU 60-80%
memory 80%

I have tried everything i know to troubleshoot this but i had no success
GPU runs just fine on furmark (around 160 fps on 1080p)

I need help to fix this, can't find a solution

Total cpu usage is not that useful, you need to monitor all cores/threads.

What speed (GHz) is your cpu running at when gaming?

Also 8gb of RAM of slow RAM definitely is not helping. Is this 2x4gb or 1x8gb?

What make and model is your psu? I can’t think of any good quality 600w.

Jul 14, 2019
Total cpu usage is not that useful, you need to monitor all cores/threads.

What speed (GHz) is your cpu running at when gaming?

Also 8gb of RAM of slow RAM definitely is not helping. Is this 2x4gb or 1x8gb?

What make and model is your psu? I can’t think of any good quality 600w.
cpu is running at 4.7 Ghz

1x8gb but its at 80% so im not sure if its bottlenecking

my psu is corsair cx600

cpu is running at 4.7 Ghz

1x8gb but its at 80% so im not sure if its bottlenecking

my psu is corsair cx600
Does it definitely stay at 4.7 GHz while gaming? Have you monitored it?

80% usage on RAM is very high. Windows will start caching to the HDD/SSD when RAM usage gets high, this significantly impacts performance. Also 1x8gb is also hurting you, it can only run in single channel mode, 2 sticks can run in dual channel which is double the bandwidth. Add to this 2400 is slow. Trouble is adding RAM isn’t guaranteed to work, RAM should be bought as a kit to avoid issues so you want to look at upgrading to a 2x8gb kit of ideally faster speed.

Finally the CX600 is a poor quality psu. Not only can this cause performance and stability issues it is also a risk to your if it fails.

This system is out of balance. Top end cpu with poor RAM and PSU. The motherboard is also lower than I’d like for powering a 9900k but as long as the cpu is definitely holding its speed under load (gaming) then this isn’t your problem.

Jul 14, 2019
Does it definitely stay at 4.7 GHz while gaming? Have you monitored it?

80% usage on RAM is very high. Windows will start caching to the HDD/SSD when RAM usage gets high, this significantly impacts performance. Also 1x8gb is also hurting you, it can only run in single channel mode, 2 sticks can run in dual channel which is double the bandwidth. Add to this 2400 is slow. Trouble is adding RAM isn’t guaranteed to work, RAM should be bought as a kit to avoid issues so you want to look at upgrading to a 2x8gb kit of ideally faster speed.

Finally the CX600 is a poor quality psu. Not only can this cause performance and stability issues it is also a risk to your if it fails.

This system is out of balance. Top end cpu with poor RAM and PSU. The motherboard is also lower than I’d like for powering a 9900k but as long as the cpu is definitely holding its speed under load (gaming) then this isn’t your problem.
What would you suggest ? should i just buy more RAM or keep cpu and gpu and buy everything else ?
I've run some stress tests (furmark and prime 95) on gpu and cpu, they didnt crash, that means they are still working properly right ?