[SOLVED] Low FPS on new Laptop

Jul 8, 2021
Hello everyone im having trouble with the FPS on my new laptop. I bought it about 2 weeks ago. Its a MSI GS75 Stealth the specs are as follows: RTX 2060, Intel Core i7-10875H, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD. Internal temperatures are between 39-41 C and all 3 fans spin at about 6,500 rpms. All this equates to me getting about 12 fps on Forza Horizon 4. When I start the game it runs at 60 fps and internal temperatures are at about 45 C with 2 fans spinning at about 3,500 rpm but after about a minute all fans start to spin at 6,500 rpm and fps drops to 12. Any clues as to how to fix it?

Solution
Try to go to nvidia control panel, then set Physx to your GPU (rtx 2060), and then go manage 3d settings, there you could see "auto select", change it to "High Performance Nvidia Processor", then click apply on bottop right corner. Try to play the game again :D

If it didnt work, try these:
  1. Download DDU
  2. Download Nvidia Driver
  3. Extract the app using that exe package
  4. Run the "Display Driver Uninstaller" app
  5. Select Device -> GPU
  6. Select Nvidia
  7. Press"Clean and do not restart", wait until it finishes
  8. Close the app when everythings done, Install the Nvidia Driver.
  9. Do the Nvidia Control Panel settings i told above, again.
Try to go to nvidia control panel, then set Physx to your GPU (rtx 2060), and then go manage 3d settings, there you could see "auto select", change it to "High Performance Nvidia Processor", then click apply on bottop right corner. Try to play the game again :D

1. Download DDU
  5. Select Device -> GPU
  6. Select Nvidia

Solution
Jul 8, 2021

1. Download DDU
  5. Select Device -> GPU
  6. Select Nvidia
Thanks it worked! No more lag!