[SOLVED] Low fps on Rtx2060 mobile

Jul 21, 2020
I've got this rtx2060 6gb vram asus tuf laptop equipped with a ryzen 3750H processor and 8 gb of ddr4 19cl 2400 mhz ram and it's averaging low fps in most commune titles . The thing i don't get is the fact that when i run a game that is very gpu dependent like apex legends my pc does fine 120-105 fps on max setting but as soon as i get into let's say league of legends the performance drops average 90-70 fps on medium setting and get horrible frame drops which i don't think are normal . I also have problems with titles like csgo where i average 70 fps on high settings ... I got every driver the latest and greatest but it's still the same . Could it be because of my low ram , is that what is holding down my pc or should i return it ?

Solution
Yes it could be your RAM. When you have drops is your RAM usage at 100%? When the RAM gets full it uses the pagefile on your drive and it will drop the performance.

How are your temperatures? Could be thermal throttling since it's a laptop.
Yes it could be your RAM. When you have drops is your RAM usage at 100%? When the RAM gets full it uses the pagefile on your drive and it will drop the performance.

Solution
Jul 21, 2020

Yes my ram usage is pretty high 90%+ most of the times , temperatures are good tho getting 80° C on the cpu and 85° C on the gpu after long use in apex legends with full setting but when it comes to a lower requirements game like league of legends or let's say csgo i get 70°C+ on the gpu and lower on the cpu witch i don't think is a lot . I had a friend run the same tests as i did on his asus pc ( he has a 1060 3 gb of vram and an intel 7 8000 something ) his performances outmatch mine by a mile he get's way higer fps in league and csgo which concerns me .