Question Low fps or High that feels low (I'm thinking about drivers)

Niconsky

Prominent
Mar 30, 2019
My specs:
MOBO: MSI Z97 gaming 3
CPU: Intel i5 4440 3.1 GHz (My cpu benchmark: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5-4440+@+3.10GHz&id=2017)
RAM: 8(4x2) Gb DDR3
GPU: GTX 1070 MSI (Armor Edition)
Cable GPU to Monitor: DisplayPort
SSD: 120 Gb kingston
HDD1: 1 Tb 7200 rpm
HDD2: 500 Gb 5200 rpm
Monitor: 1920x1080 144hz

Problem:
So my computer got a video card and monitor upgrade (also wiped the pc and upgraded from win 7 to 10) some months ago, and since I've done that some games run worse, others run at high fps but not much as expected from a 1070 so I thought that it was maybe for a bottlenecking issue because of the older processor but this isn't the real problem. The ''high'' fps feels strange, I don't know how to explain this well but it was like there were 1000 imperceptible micro-lags trough frames but I repeat, this is just how I felt don't know what really is. So for months, I've searched for a solution, some of that helped a little as the v-sync that I have to enable/change-type/disable (the choice changed for every game) but the problem persists. So just recently I've noticed that I can't open the nvidia geforce experience panel, but the control panel worked so I checked before on internet and I tried everything.. I mean really everything, then I asked to the nvidia support center and for days they just purposed me ways that I had already tried, the error was called 0x0003 and it pop-up when I try to open the app. I've read that my problem could be caused by a corrupted driver. At the end, I don't know where should I start to resolve this issue.
Now 3 things to say:
-I'm sorry for the bad English
-Hoping that I'm in the correct section of the forum for this question but I'm new so I didn't know where to go
-Surely I missed something but I will update as soon as I remember things because this problem is here since a lot

Other facts:
-There aren't drivers of my processor for win 10 (But if anyone founds some it will be good)
-I'm running on the last drivers for the video card as I write
-I've already done: clean boot, reinstalling drivers.
-The temperatures while I'm playing are not high
-My video card use just 4% to 34% of its power

Mar 14, 2019
Do you download games on your harddrives or your ssd? You get better performance if you download games on a ssd than a hard drive. Also maybe overclocking your gpu could help with frames

Niconsky

Prominent
Mar 30, 2019
Do you download games on your harddrives or your ssd? You get better performance if you download games on a ssd than a hard drive. Also maybe overclocking your gpu could help with frames
Putting games on the SSD would mean damaging it because of the writing tasks, and overclocking GPU would mean more bottleneck for the CPU and also the GPU is a 1070 it should run well every game at medium-high.