[SOLVED] Low FPS playing Cyberpunk with a 6800xt ?

Thatgamerkidd22

Commendable
Dec 12, 2020
Running 3700x with 6800xt. I've been playing Cyberpunk over the past couple days and the performance hasn't been to great. I've been playing at 1080p and it seems no matter what graphical settings I put, I generally get the same FPS. In populated city areas I can drop to the low 40s at ultra and at low graphic settings. Any idea what's going on?

Solution
Been try the fidilityfx and it give me the microstutters not very good. No gains from patches guessing they try tackle console issues first before much optimizing. Most graphic settings ok just couple tank performance. Think this games memory leaks a bit or maybe just imagined.

Thatgamerkidd22

Commendable
Dec 12, 2020

Thatgamerkidd22

Commendable
Dec 12, 2020
Has the userbenchmark score for the RAM improved. It may not be the cause of this issue but hopefully will help the system run a little better for everything else.
so after a clean install of the graphic drivers, the issue persists. Still left without knowing what it is. Maybe just an unoptimized game for AMD cards?

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
Maybe I’ll try a clean install of drivers. I’ll lyk

Best of luck with the fixing.

I was able to put docp on but nothing changed.

Worth the try. Depends on game but sometimes get the performance boost from this.

so after a clean install of the graphic drivers, the issue persists. Still left without knowing what it is. Maybe just an unoptimized game for AMD cards?

Sure seems like there is the room for optimize this title. Benchmarks say that AMD does run well on this maybe slightly behind Nvidia. But in fairness when see an AMD title wow the benchmarks really make radeon cards look fast wish they would do that more often.

After 5hrs play cyberpunks did a little more tweaks in the settings its pretty decent get almost same fps as in rdr2 ultra. Game has not crashed, no weird glitches or anomolies. Can not complains here. Game looks good, wish AMD could do rtx particularly the one setting really adds visually. Enjoy this title more than I expect to. :)

Last edited:

Thatgamerkidd22

Commendable
Dec 12, 2020
The amount of complaints I am seeing for this game does make it likely in my opinion that it’s just this at the moment.
OK. so im doing a bit more testing and I've noticed something. The thing about my fps not changing no matter what graphical setting i put goes for other games as well. I've tried The Witcher 3, Phasmophobia, and currently going to test FFXV. I've changed graphic settings on these games and the framerate won't budge. Not that the fps is low, but it won't increase/ decrease. V sync is not on. Fps doesn't increase even when switching to 720p. I was checking usage of my GPU and CPU. CPU on Witcher was steady in the 30-40%. But I've noticed that my GPU is constantly spiking. Going from 40-50%and dropping to the 10s. Im thinking it has something to do with that. It has been doing that with every game thus far. Constantly spiking usage

Thatgamerkidd22

Commendable
Dec 12, 2020
Best of luck with drivers. Have to admit was skeptical that I would like Cyberpunks but its very good. Find I goofing around with hacking so much I not make very far in story.
Thanks I think my issue lies with my gpu not fully being used. Usage is constantly spiking when gaming. Dropping really low then spiking back up. Like a constant loop of that.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Running 3700x with 6800xt. I've been playing Cyberpunk over the past couple days and the performance hasn't been to great. I've been playing at 1080p and it seems no matter what graphical settings I put, I generally get the same FPS. In populated city areas I can drop to the low 40s at ultra and at low graphic settings. Any idea what's going on?

Their known problems with the game still it's not just you.

Reactions: Thatgamerkidd22

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
Thanks I think my issue lies with my gpu not fully being used. Usage is constantly spiking when gaming. Dropping really low then spiking back up. Like a constant loop of that.

How is cpu usage % ?

3600x here cpu usage maybe 30-40%. So I give the hexedit fix a try and usage goes to 20-45% maybe. And maybe lose 5fps in cyberpunks. Have seen multiple reviews recommend but I'm no seeing the benefits. Went back to original until see more info.

Thatgamerkidd22

Commendable
Dec 12, 2020
How is cpu usage % ?

3600x here cpu usage maybe 30-40%. So I give the hexedit fix a try and usage goes to 20-45% maybe. And maybe lose 5fps in cyberpunks. Have seen multiple reviews recommend but I'm no seeing the benefits. Went back to original until see more info.
CPU usage is around 50-60% at high graphics 1080p no hexedit. Going to test after hexedit fix.

Thatgamerkidd22

Commendable
Dec 12, 2020
How is cpu usage % ?

After hexedit CPU usage is 70-80% with no noticeable improvement to fps.