Question Low fps RX 570

Feb 19, 2019
Hi,
so I recently upgraded from a 1050 to an rx 570 and the thing is I don't see a lot of fps improvments, some games run even worse.

My PC specs are:
GPU: Amd athlon x4 860k
GPU: RX 570
PSU: CORSAIR VS450
RAM: 8GB DDR3

Without asking anything else, I am gong to assume it is because you are bottlenecking your CPU. When before your CPU and GPU were equally matched in performance, now you have have a GPU that is outperforming your CPU and so it throttles more and thus your severe drop in FPS.

You have the best CPU for that socket, so you cannot upgrade that unless you upgrade the board.

Anyway, this is speculation.

You could also try and see if you still have Nvidia folders. You may have traces of the old driver in there somewhere making the new AMD driver not work properly.

Also, I remember having a FM2 board and CPU. I had an ASRock motherboard. I do not remember exactly because it was 2013, but i think either in BIOS or seperate software I was able to link the APU graphics with the dedicated graphics. I think with 3D Now, but I may be remembering wrong. I am biased against AMD, so I won't be able to geek out with you fully on this.

Hopefully you can find an AMD enthusiast that can pinpoint what I am jabbering about.