[SOLVED] Low FPS + Stutters in Mid-High PC (GTA V EPIC GAMES)

Kim_24

Honorable
Apr 25, 2016
Hi! I recently got the free GTA V from epic games and tried it for a few hours. I noticed that my game doesn't have a stable 60 fps rather, not reaching 60 fps. I adjusted the settings, turned every graphical option to -1 (From Ultra to High). I never encountered fps problems with other games on high-ultra settings such as Fo4, Skyrim SE, etc. and this thing is very problem unusual.

Gtx 1070ti
Ryzen 3600x
16gb ram
1366x768 Monitor

Solution
Hi! I recently got the free GTA V from epic games and tried it for a few hours. I noticed that my game doesn't have a stable 60 fps rather, not reaching 60 fps. I adjusted the settings, turned every graphical option to -1 (From Ultra to High). I never encountered fps problems with other games on high-ultra settings such as Fo4, Skyrim SE, etc. and this thing is very problem unusual.

Gtx 1070ti
Ryzen 3600x
16gb ram
1366x768 Monitor

Unfortunately GTA V is a demanding game. Especially when you have settings like grass on ultra or high. My suggestion is lowering shadow quality to medium and grass quality to medium. Also turn down MSAA to 2x. That should improve performance. For the record even with my 2080 TI with grass on ultra...

FurryVengence

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019

Gtx 1070ti
Ryzen 3600x
16gb ram
1366x768 Monitor

Unfortunately GTA V is a demanding game. Especially when you have settings like grass on ultra or high. My suggestion is lowering shadow quality to medium and grass quality to medium. Also turn down MSAA to 2x. That should improve performance. For the record even with my 2080 TI with grass on ultra I see FPS Drops into the 60s.

Also if you have single channel ram id suggest upgrading that too

Reactions: Kim_24 and Phaaze88
Solution

Kim_24

Honorable
Apr 25, 2016
OMG :eek:
Are you also getting missing graphics/textures?
That would mean that your GPU is too fast making your CPU run too fast on the main thread of the game causing stutters and bad performance.
Using vsync or otherwise restraining FPS could result in better FPS in those cases.

For the my first gameplay of GTAV, I'm getting a smooth 60 fps and never encountered a drop below 60. I am not using V-syng and I am limiting my total fps to 60fps only. It really is a mystery how did this sh*t happened for some reason, launching the game for the second time = lower performance? wtf

Kim_24

Honorable
Apr 25, 2016
Unfortunately GTA V is a demanding game. Especially when you have settings like grass on ultra or high. My suggestion is lowering shadow quality to medium and grass quality to medium. Also turn down MSAA to 2x. That should improve performance. For the record even with my 2080 TI with grass on ultra I see FPS Drops into the 60s.

Also if you have single channel ram id suggest upgrading that too

Oh! fair point. I'll try to reduce the shadow quality and grass to a much lower setting compared to before. I'll try to monitor if it will enhance my gameplay. Thanks! BTW, I have a dual channel ram both 16gb at clocked at 3200MHZ

For the my first gameplay of GTAV, I'm getting a smooth 60 fps and never encountered a drop below 60. I am not using V-syng and I am limiting my total fps to 60fps only. It really is a mystery how did this sh*t happened for some reason, launching the game for the second time = lower performance? wtf
Same CPU and GPU?
Also the beginning of the game is in very limited levels,the actual performance of the game starts when you steal repossess the first car with franklin.

Kim_24

Honorable
Apr 25, 2016
Hi! I have a PC build that contains 1070ti as its GPU, Ryzen 3600x as its CPU, and 16gb 3200MHZ as its ram. I noticed that my PC is not using my GPU's full potential whenever I try to play GTAV. My PC is struggling to reach/maintain a stable 60 fps and I don't know the reason why. My settings are currently in High except for shadows and grass that are set to normal textures. My Skyrim with 2k textures + ENB runs smooth 60 fps and drops to 45 whenever when I am in lush areas. I really don't know why is it struggling to get at least 60 fps.

you can check the MSI Afterburner benchmark (somehow) here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TAcYutc_6qM-baPv9o8RqEpxeoDfHvA0/view?usp=sharing

P.S - Your answers will be really appreciated!
P.P.S - currently using 1366x768 resolution.

May 13, 2020
Hello, can you check the % GPU usage when you playing the game too? My % GPU usage decide whether my fps is low or high - higher % equal higher fps. Im having a gtx 1060 6gb and planning to upgrade to gtx 1070ti (like yours) but through your description its seem like its not going to get better. I doubt that this is all about game optimization, please let me know. Thank you

Cyb3rTech

Distinguished
May 21, 2015
GTA V always have big problem i have the 4690k @3.50Ghz, the GTX 960 with 4GB, 16GB ram it running very good mine like around 55-60fps its not about your hardware you have to change settings and nvidia control panel as well just turn off VSync in-game and turn on VSync in nvidia control planel then try to see it

May 13, 2020
GTA V always have big problem i have the 4690k @3.50Ghz, the GTX 960 with 4GB, 16GB ram it running very good mine like around 55-60fps its not about your hardware you have to change settings and nvidia control panel as well just turn off VSync in-game and turn on VSync in nvidia control planel then try to see it
Hello, you get 55-60fps even when your lobby is full and you stand in the crowded area? Pls let me know, thank you

Cyb3rTech

Distinguished
May 21, 2015
Hello, you get 55-60fps even when your lobby is full and you stand in the crowded area? Pls let me know, thank you

Yea i think because i havent played GTA V for years im inactive for gaming, watch this its my YT channel skip at 2:42
View: https://youtu.be/SqPG0GO9MJs?t=162
that was about like 25 player or so would you like to know my gta settings and nvidia control panel?

May 13, 2020
Yea i think because i havent played GTA V for years im inactive for gaming, watch this its my YT channel skip at 2:42
View: https://youtu.be/SqPG0GO9MJs?t=162
that was about like 25 player or so would you like to know my gta settings and nvidia control panel?
Yes please, thank you. I tried to lower all the setting to minimum and change a lot of things in Nvidia control panel but its still not working :(( i hope yours might help because thats some decent fps you are getting there