Low Fps unsure as to why

Oct 19, 2018
Hi all just curious as to what in my build is wrong as I have been experiencing odd fps drops while playing games like monster hunter world, total war warhammer 2 and also in the heaven benchmark.
My pc specs are:
Motherboad: msi z370 a pro
psu: ACE 700W BR PSU
CPU: i5 8600K
CPU PUMP: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid Lite 240
GPU: GTX 1060 Rog STRIX 6gb
RAM: Corsair vengeance 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz
I suspect it may be something to do with my power supply but it has lasted quite a long time but curious if anyone has any other theories.
Thanks

cpucpu123

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
"Lasted quite a long time"? You are risking your other quality PC components by using that cheap, lousy power supply. These kind of lousy power supply struggle to provide its rated power even when new, and wear out and become unstable quickly.

Oct 19, 2018
Apologies didn't mean to vote down, new to all this and I will take that as you think it is the psu as well.

Would the psu if lower quality have a effect on the performance then?

cpucpu123

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
I think this issue is not about sufficient power delivery. It's about stability and durability. Crappy PSU tend to run hot and use cheap capacitor. So power delivery is not as stable especially after your "long time". I suggest u replace your PSU before it has any chance of doing some serious damage to your PC

Oct 19, 2018
Interesting well I was thinking about going for a Corsair TX-M Series 650 Watt psu my ace psu has lasted me a good 5 years so it's defiantly due a replacement now.
Is the corsair a good pick for a upgrade?

Oct 19, 2018
I have ordered it now and will receive it monday and it will be interesting to see the difference even if it isn't a huge one I don't have to worry about my ace damaging anything.

I forgot to add what my hard drives are, i'm running a Western digital 640gb 7200 RPM 16MB Cache and a Seagate 1tb 7200 RPM 64MB Cache.

Oct 19, 2018
Just to update my performance has improved slightly seems my PC can handle a lot more efficiently now though the fps drops are still there, would it just be a matter of upgrading my graphics?