Low FPS while Gaming plugged

amitkain30

Commendable
Oct 18, 2017
I Have a MSI ge62vr 7rf Apache pro gaming laptop. I ran a benchmark on my laptop and realized that while my laptop was plugged in it got a static 40 fps but when it was on battery power it jumped upto 150+ fps . This problem showed up a couple of days back , when I couldn't hit more than 40 fps in either of the games (GTA 5 , Hitman , Middle Earth : Shadow of War , Titanfall 2). Moreover when my laptop is plugged the GPU usage doesn't go more than 20% but on battery it goes upto 100% .

Following are the specs of my laptop :
Operating System : Windows 10 home (single language)
Processor : i7-7700 HQ CPU @ 2.8GHz (8 CPUs), 2.8GHz
Memory : 16gb ddr4
GPU : geforce GTX 1060 6gb ddr5
SSD : 256 gb
HDD : 1 Tb
Display : 60hz

Thank You in Advance !
Update : The temp are around 60 -70 C

My guess would be that you have your power plan settings all jacked up. You should be looking at the opposite, with the laptop running more conservatively on battery power. If you start typing power plan into the windows search bar in the bottom left of your screen, a setting should come up that says choose a power plan. Click on this, then you can edit the settings for each of the power plans for when it's on battery/plugged in. You may need to go in advanced settings to individually change things, but if you just want maximum performance, there should be a power plan for that.

EDIT: If you can't change it in there, right click in a blank space on your desktop and go to your nvidia control panel. There should be another power settings menu somewhere in there where you can do the same changes but specifically to your video card performance.

amitkain30

Commendable
Oct 18, 2017

Nothing worked out. Moreover I wanted to play , so I reset my windows 10 and then everything came back to normal. Now the fps are again back to normal .