[SOLVED] Low fps with a Beast PC

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I've ran into an issue with my PC with low FPS with a
RTX 2070 turbo (I bought 1 week ago) but sort have have had the same problem with my previous card)
I7 6700
1 solo 16 gb of ram
An SSD
750w corsair
To save you and me time, everything is updated, my res is normal and I've put settings low and high but my PC should perform a lot better than it currently is.
Let's start of with fortnite - I'm a competitive player and play scrims with friend who have a lower end PC than me, I'll be sitting on 60fps DROPPING frames CONSISTENTLY THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE GAME while theyll be over 100 in end game (YES WE HAVE THE SAME SETTINGS, YES MY GPU IS UPDATED) I will get consistent stuttering, I will be 144 then drop to 80 back to 120 back down to 70 (I have a video of it) a part of it is the new season but it should be doing as bad as it is atm as my friend hardly get stutters now
Csgo- I had to actually put my setting down to medium and I still hit 120fps during gun fights when csgo is an easy game to run and should be 200fps at all time as I used to play it a lot and managed fine with a worse GPU (I feel like I get frames drops but might just be my eyes playing tricks as that's what I'm waiting for but fps stayed the same but DROPS HUGELY IN GUN FIGHTS)
3dmark - Sky diving- My game crashes when loading up test 2 (not sure why) on Night raid I get 31000
I used a bench mark to people who have the same PC as me and it said "70 something perform better out of 100"
Can anyone help, I want to take it to the shop but... they over price things and last time I went they kept my pc for a week when it was a simple job (20min) and fortnite tournaments on saturday
Most of my problems have occurred with Fortnite but as I said, my fps is quite low for csgo. In creative I dint even hit 300 when my friend are and i have the better PC.

Please help me, i deleted them game and moved it to my ssd and it only has made it sort of unplayable now (just barely)

Solution
Ok, if twitch and the other stuff you have open are taken out of the equation, that still leaves:
-OS is on the slower HDD. Moving the system to an SSD will yield far faster boot times, better system responsiveness and faster application load times.
-Cpu and ram work in tandem. Dual channel will reduce most of the frame drops you're experiencing. A new kit of 2x 8GBs is best.
While you could also buy the exact same stick as the one in your PC, it's not guaranteed to work - it just has the highest compatibility.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
For gaming period, you shouldn't be running a single stick of ram. The cpu has been running in single channel, and that's why you're dropping frames so frequently.
The other problems look to be driver related. If you have any overclocks, then it's probably not stable.

Jul 29, 2019
For gaming period, you shouldn't be running a single stick of ram. The cpu has been running in single channel, and that's why you're dropping frames so frequently.
The other problems look to be driver related. If you have any overclocks, then it's probably not stable.

I havent overclocked anything, I've reset and factory reset my computer a couple of times and reinstalled drivers and didnt work

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
If windows and all your other driver are up to date, no overheating, no overclocking, no background programs eating cpu/ram/gpu resources, no viruses or other malware...

The only thing that really sticks out is that single stick of ram.

Jul 29, 2019
If windows and all your other driver are up to date, no overheating, no overclocking, no background programs eating cpu/ram/gpu resources, no viruses or other malware...

The only thing that really sticks out is that single stick of ram.

Yes, I have again... factory reset my PC and I'm still dropping to 130fps in csgo when I shouldn't be dropping below 200 and get drops from 230 to 130 in other games aswell but can that really do so much damage to fps? When I had a bad GPU, I had no issues at all (atleast I didnt notice) I still had the same RAM

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, I have again... factory reset my PC and I'm still dropping to 130fps in csgo when I shouldn't be dropping below 200 and get drops from 230 to 130 in other games aswell but can that really do so much damage to fps? When I had a bad GPU, I had no issues at all (atleast I didnt notice) I still had the same RAM
Go here^and post a link to your results.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ok, if twitch and the other stuff you have open are taken out of the equation, that still leaves:
-OS is on the slower HDD. Moving the system to an SSD will yield far faster boot times, better system responsiveness and faster application load times.
-Cpu and ram work in tandem. Dual channel will reduce most of the frame drops you're experiencing. A new kit of 2x 8GBs is best.
While you could also buy the exact same stick as the one in your PC, it's not guaranteed to work - it just has the highest compatibility.

Solution