Nov 21, 2018
Hello,

My specs are:
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti FTW 8gb graphics card
Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz C16
EVGA Supernova 750 P2, 80+ Platinum 750W
Ryzen 5 2600
MSI Motherboard B350M BAZOOKA

Playing Fortnite (all settings set to low except anti-aliasing is set to High) and Monster Hunter World (all low to medium) and getting frame drops from 200 to 70 on a regular basis. Benchmarking shows the GPU up to about 90% during gameplay.

Thinking that it's bottlenecking at the CPU; planning to upgrade to the Ryzen 7 2700 but wanted to see if anyone has any ideas/suggestions that they think might be the issue before doing this. Thanks so much.

Nov 21, 2018

Thanks for the advice. I tried ocing on the 2600 and it hasn't improved much if any at all.

I also ran user benchmarks and compared to other users with the same exact components, mine is severely underperforming. With what I have, there should be no issue.
I did notice that my ping reached 100 yesterday and it's typically between 20-30. I'm using an ethernet connection to the router that is directly underneath the desk on which my computer sits. This is the only thing that I can see as still being a possible cause for the frame drops. I had to do ethernet because I had to remove the PCIe wifi card in order for my GPU to fit on the motherboard.

I'm at my wits end after trying to upgrade/tweak/etc to have a decent performing PC for over a year now, so any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Nov 21, 2018

We bought the PC pre-built and have been upgrading parts. Same Windows from the first time we installed. No reinstalls since.

Nov 21, 2018

Well, we installed an upgraded motherboard but it turned out to be faulty, so we again installed the same model as the original but it was a brand new B350M Bazooka (the original B350M was damaged when we dropped the processor and fan onto it).

Nov 21, 2018

Okay thanks so much. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.