[SOLVED] low fps with good graphics card

Jul 26, 2021
so this is my pc
cpu- intel core i9 10850k
GPU- Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070ti
motherboard- tuf gaming z590 plus Asus
monitor- 165hz Asus
ok so everything is good
but my frames are soo bad in valorant- Fortnite- csgo and I also play with low graphics and I'm getting 30-100fps on the 3 games that I included.
but yesterday i brought my pc to my friend's house and I connected it to his 60 Hz monitor and I got 300+ fps so what's the problem
oh and i use a display port.

Solution
If the 8 pin cable is loose or if the card isnt fully inserted it wouldn't even turn on.
You would be surprised how often this happens and what different outcomes are produced.
For example a not fully inserted GPU has fans run uncontrollably to 100% or not spin at all.
A loose extra PCIe power cable may be the reason of burnt cables (as I've seen in two threads in this forum), lesser performance in the case of multiple cables, because the GPU can't get all the juice it needs to boost the clocks or even crashing under load.
You are correct though that there are many cases of not even turning on.
If the 8 pin cable is loose or if the card isnt fully inserted it wouldn't even turn on.
You would be surprised how often this happens and what different outcomes are produced.
For example a not fully inserted GPU has fans run uncontrollably to 100% or not spin at all.
A loose extra PCIe power cable may be the reason of burnt cables (as I've seen in two threads in this forum), lesser performance in the case of multiple cables, because the GPU can't get all the juice it needs to boost the clocks or even crashing under load.

Solution
Jul 6, 2021

Oh wow the more you know!! Thanks for the info! Much love and support.

Reactions: dotas1