[SOLVED] Low FPS with RTX 2060 Super

Jan 16, 2020
I have a RTX 2060 SUPER and in games like Overwatch and GTA, I'm not getting the framerates shown in benchmarking videos. In GTA V, the 2060 super is supposed to get like 110+ fps on max, and while playing on high, I'm only getting 80-110fps. In Overwatch, on all low settings, I'm getting 120-170 FPS average and it would often drop to 100 or even 90 during intense moments (Youtube benchmarks show the 2060 averaging 200+fps easily on low). This is annoying me as I have a 144hz monitor and can feel the difference ingame.
Specs:
i7 6700
16GB DDR4 3200MHz
RTX 2060 SUPER
2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo ssds
Windows 10 Home
Corsair Rm1000x PSU

Solution
That seems to rule out a hardware issue, the cpu and gpu are just not being fully utilised and no obvious limitation. I would next try removing the gpu driver using DDU and then reinstalling the latest driver. By using DDU you will ensure any driver corruption is removed.
Jan 16, 2020
Monitor your cpu load on all cores and threads, are any hitting 100%? Generally the cpu determines your best FPS, the gpu determines at what resolution and game settings you can achieve that FPS at.
None are hitting 100%. Ingame my gpu is around 30-40% usage and 2-3 of my cpu cores are at 40-70% usage, other cores are 30% and below.

That seems to rule out a hardware issue, the cpu and gpu are just not being fully utilised and no obvious limitation. I would next try removing the gpu driver using DDU and then reinstalling the latest driver. By using DDU you will ensure any driver corruption is removed.

Solution
Jan 16, 2020
Btw, this only happens on certain games like Overwatch. Games like R6s have no problem utilizing my CPU to 90+% on all cores and I get my expected framerates in that game (Just checked it).

TRENDING THREADS