Question Low FPS with RTX 3060 and good specs ?

Aug 15, 2022
Hi, i get low fps and screen stuttering sometimes with actually good specs.
I am desperate.

Specs:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7 9700KF @ 3.60GHz 56 °C Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
RAM: 32,0GB Single-Channel DDR4 @ 1600MHz (16-20-20-38)
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING (LGA1151) 39 °C
GPU: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 44 °C
Storage: 953GB Sabrent (Unknown (SSD))
Monitor: DELL AW2518HF (1920x1080@240Hz)

Alan Alan

Prominent
Aug 9, 2022
Hello i have this specs and i'm getting low fps and screen stuttering anyone know how to fix it? :
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 9700KF @ 3.60GHz 56 °C
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
32,0GB Single-Channel DDR4 @ 1600MHz (16-20-20-38)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING (LGA1151) 39 °C
Graphics
DELL AW2518HF (1920x1080@240Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 44 °C
Storage
953GB Sabrent (Unknown (SSD))
I recently got a new video card, after doing some research it turned out there is a big difference between the 3060 and the 3070. The HP reverb G2 vr pointed out that the G2 would only run at one half the resolution with the 3060 so I was stuck getting a 3070. It stutters here and there but I think it has to do with the data being sent into the card. Most everyone has studdering on some games even with top of the line video cards. But for real though, if you can exchange the 3060 for the rtx 3070 or perhaps the 3070TI and afford the difference it might help. I like the 3070 as it seems to work fine on most games but the 3060 would never have full resolution on the higher resolution G2. There are lots of things you can do though with a 3060, for starters go into video options and turn the resolution down, start the games with the lowest video settings and work you way up. At some point it will look better and the studdering will begin to get worse. So find the best setting you can use. It's a case of sacrificing one for the other. Good luck

Aug 15, 2022
Fix that first. You have the capacity, but you don't have the memory bandwidth.
A)Get a 2x 16GB kit, and try to sell the lone stick.
B)Add on anther stick. This method is always a gamble; no one can tell you if it'll work or not.
it was a copy paste from speccy that only show half of the ram speed, my ram is running at 3200mhz.

Aug 15, 2022
I recently got a new video card, after doing some research it turned out there is a big difference between the 3060 and the 3070. The HP reverb G2 vr pointed out that the G2 would only run at one half the resolution with the 3060 so I was stuck getting a 3070. It stutters here and there but I think it has to do with the data being sent into the card. Most everyone has studdering on some games even with top of the line video cards. But for real though, if you can exchange the 3060 for the rtx 3070 or perhaps the 3070TI and afford the difference it might help. I like the 3070 as it seems to work fine on most games but the 3060 would never have full resolution on the higher resolution G2. There are lots of things you can do though with a 3060, for starters go into video options and turn the resolution down, start the games with the lowest video settings and work you way up. At some point it will look better and the studdering will begin to get worse. So find the best setting you can use. It's a case of sacrificing one for the other. Good luck
i bought a 3070ti rn, is it good for you?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
it was a copy paste from speccy that only show half of the ram speed, my ram is running at 3200mhz.

That's not what he's saying at all; Phaaze certainly is aware of how RAM speed works. He said dual channel which has nothing to do with the clock rate in this context.

Beyond that, it's hard to say much as there's a lot of missing information, both about your build and the symptoms. The speccy list is not a full list of specs, which includes things like your exact RAM configuration and power supply. We don't know anything about the history of the problem such as when it started and what you have done to remedy the situation and if you've recently made upgrades before this problem or stuff like if this is a proper Windows install or something from an old motherboard you stuffed in. Also, no details on what "low fps" means; low fps is a subjective evaluation, not data that we can work with to interpret whether or not there is an issue and, if so, how severe the issue is.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Aug 15, 2022
That's not what he's saying at all; Phaaze certainly is aware of how RAM speed works. He said dual channel which has nothing to do with the clock rate in this context.

Beyond that, it's hard to say much as there's a lot of missing information, both about your build and the symptoms. The speccy list is not a full list of specs, which includes things like your exact RAM configuration and power supply. We don't know anything about the history of the problem such as when it started and what you have done to remedy the situation and if you've recently made upgrades before this problem or stuff like if this is a proper Windows install or something from an old motherboard you stuffed in. Also, no details on what "low fps" means; low fps is a subjective evaluation, not data that we can work with to interpret whether or not there is an issue and, if so, how severe the issue is.

My bad than, i recently changed ram cause my old one randomly stopped working. I changed graphic card aswell from a 5700xt. I don't really care about fps but i get a lot of stutter when playing, when i scroll my browser i see a lot of stutter aswell. Sorry for my bad english, i'm from Italy :).

Btw i always had this problem, i think it's the cpu

TRENDING THREADS