Question Low fps with Ryzen 1700x and Gtx 1660ti on Csgo.

Nov 29, 2019
My cpu usage is really low (10 - 13%) while my gpu is at 99% load consistently, all while I am getting an average of 90 but can hit 100 or go down to 70. While I know csgo's old engine doesn't utilize everything my cpu has to offer but, I am seeing people with similar setups reaching above 200fps. Also, my cpu is overclocked to 3.8ghz. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
My cpu usage is really low (10 - 13%) while my gpu is at 99% load consistently, all while I am getting an average of 90 but can hit 100 or go down to 70. While I know csgo's old engine doesn't utilize everything my cpu has to offer but, I am seeing people with similar setups reaching above 200fps. Also, my cpu is overclocked to 3.8ghz. Any help? Thanks in advance.

That doesn't sound right- your gpu running at 99% suggests that is maxed out (i.e. gpu bottlenecked) whereas normally CS:GS is cpu limited on a fast graphics card like that (hence the high 200+ fps figures)....

What settings are you running at? The people that get those high fps are usually running the game on lowest settings at 1920 x 1080p...

If you want to check to make sure your hardware is ok, I suggest running 3D Mark Time Spy (get the free Demo on steam)- it will test your machine and give you a score that you can compare to other similar machines online. If you get a much lower score than others with a similar setup it can help point to the cause of the problem (as it scores the CPU and GPU separately).

Nov 29, 2019
That doesn't sound right- your gpu running at 99% suggests that is maxed out (i.e. gpu bottlenecked) whereas normally CS:GS is cpu limited on a fast graphics card like that (hence the high 200+ fps figures)....

What settings are you running at? The people that get those high fps are usually running the game on lowest settings at 1920 x 1080p...

If you want to check to make sure your hardware is ok, I suggest running 3D Mark Time Spy (get the free Demo on steam)- it will test your machine and give you a score that you can compare to other similar machines online. If you get a much lower score than others with a similar setup it can help point to the cause of the problem (as it scores the CPU and GPU separately).
I had mostly everything on high so I went ahead and changed all settings to low 1080p (multicore rendering on) and I was able to hit 200 but my gpu was still pinned and I still was getting an average of about 110 and in some areas of maps it would dip into the 70 - 90s. I also tried the time spy benchmark and recieved a score of 5872.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Using GeForce Experience and have a 4k DSR set?

Your cpu is quite capable of 300fps in CSGO. Usage means nothing. The cpu should be running at 100% ability always, but usage is not ability, usage is how much of the cpu's resources are being used to get that 100% ability.

By comparison, my i7-3770K at 4.9GHz OC and Asus Strix GTX970 at 124% OC gets me right at 300fps with optimal settings in 1080p through GE, but resolution manually set at 1080p, not the recommended 4K DSR.