Low Fps

Jun 16, 2019
PC specs:

GTX 1070 8 gb

Ryzen 7 1700 oc to 3.5 ghz

16 gb ram 2133 mhz

Motherboard: X370 gaming pro carbon

My frames are weirdly low in games I feel shouldn't be too hard to run with my PC specs, such as Overwatch, Battlefield 5, PUBG, Fallout 76, and so on. I've seen videos of people with similar specs and they seem to have much higher fps for some reason. Also yes my monitor is connected to my graphics card, and not my motherboard, just to get that out of the way.

I am not exactly sure of the issue but does your FPS drop even more on higher settings? and you may want to invest into some higher frequency RAM because the standard for Ryzen builds is 3200MHz

Jun 16, 2019
I am not exactly sure of the issue but does your FPS drop even more on higher settings? and you may want to invest into some higher frequency RAM because the standard for Ryzen builds is 3200MHz
Do you think that would fix my fps problems?

bignastyid

Titan
You've hamstrung your CPU performance by using slow ram. Those systems that are performing better are likely using faster ram. Ryzens performance is tied to it's infinity fabric which needs lots of memory bandwidth. The minimum speed I'd reccomend for a Ryzen build is DDR4 2933 in dual channel.