Question Low FPS

Nov 16, 2019
So I'm completely confused. I just got a brand new graphics card and cpu. When I play rocket leauge and leauge of legends my FPS is good and does fluctuate at all. But then when I go play COD 4/Apex the FPS fluctuate so much anywhere for 35 to 70 FPS. I've looked online and some people were saying change some settings in the nvidia control panel and even go into the game because I guess the nvidia geforce experience changes the render resolution so I've changed that it helped a little but but still not giving me high FPS. Also when I run the MSI Kombustion benchmark the frams are even lower at around 25...
I dont think it's a overheating issue my gpu while playing the game is anywhere around 70 to 80c and ny cpu anywhere from 25 to 30c
Does anyone have any other ideas why I'm getting low FPS in shooters?
GPU: EVGA 2080 Super
CPU: i7 9700K
MONITOR: Acer - XF270H

Nov 16, 2019
Yes I have uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled them and just to make sure it wasn't something with the OS I did a clean install of the OS as well

CPU: i7 9700k
Graphic Gard: EVGA RTX 2080 Super
Storage: 1 TB 970 m.2 samsung evo ssd
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix z390-h
PSU: Rosewill 1200w 80 plus gold

FurryVengence

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
Are you playing with Ray Tracing on?

That puts a significant strain on your GPU even an 2080. I suggest turning them off and seeing if it helps.

I have a 2060 SUPER and run my game at 1440P and see frame rates in the 90s with ray tracing off.

In call of duty:
If you still have issues after I suggest turning down particle effects from Ultra to High.

FurryVengence

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
This is going to be in each individual game. I don't believe Apex legends has it. But In call of duty it should be in the graphics settings. Should say something like 'Ray Tracing" , "RTX Ray Tracing" or "RTX" something,

Hope this helps.

Nov 16, 2019
Hm... the temperatures you mention are a bit suspicious. Are those CPU temperatures on a full load? They look too low to me, which implies the CPU isn't boosting or something similar.
with CPU at full load the temp is about 62c
with GPU at full load the temp is bout 80c
To have both of them at full load i was using the MSI Kombuster