[SOLVED] Low fps

Nov 24, 2020
Hello there,

I seem to be having a problem, I think, because for example games like warzone i get around 40-50fps.
Pc specs:
Gtx 1080 ti
I7-4790 3.60GHz
8gb of ram
Windows 10 pro 64bit

Is there actually a problem, or the fps amount im getting is actually normal?

Solution
About the temps, the cpu cooler is an intel stock cooler, so the temperature is at around 98°C when playing. Gpu is at 69°C while playing
WOW 98C?? i think we have found ur problem.Clean that cooler as soon as you can,or should i say potentialy replace it.Buy thermal paste,its no more that 5$ and repaste the cpu and put the cooler back on.Trust me its gonna turn everything back to normal.The main problem is that ur cpu is thermal throotling,or should i say its slowing it self down to prevent from burning to death.

Edit:Video to help u if u dont know how to repaste the cpu:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFqx1M302Jw
Nov 24, 2020
But it's not only warzone. For example, csgo would run around 200 fps, and that would be great, but these days the fps is around 80. Is it the same problem?

Jan 11, 2020
Hello, FazDak!

On what settings do you play Warzone?
How much load is on the CPU & the GPU during your gaming session?
What kind of ram do you have?

Also, there might be a CPU bottleneck (your CPU is under powered and can't meet the sheer speed of the GTX 1080 Ti (the CPU is pretty old)).
And, Warzone is pretty RAM-hungry.

Best regards,

Matt!

Nov 24, 2020
Hello, FazDak!

On what settings do you play Warzone?
How much load is on the CPU & the GPU during your gaming session?
What kind of ram do you have?

Also, there might be a CPU bottleneck (your CPU is under powered and can't meet the sheer speed of the GTX 1080 Ti (the CPU is pretty old)).
And, Warzone is pretty RAM-hungry.

Best regards,

Matt!
Right now I have csgo launched, so the memory usage is around 16%. Overall it's at around 60%. CPU is at around 40% overall.

The ram is 8GB Dual channel DDR3 798MHz ( information i retrieves from speccy)

Jan 11, 2020
But it's not only warzone. For example, csgo would run around 200 fps, and that would be great, but these days the fps is around 80. Is it the same problem?

Well, is your CPU at about 100 % load and the GPU is just hopping somewhere way below 90 %? In that case it's probably a CPU bottleneck.
Even if both CPU & GPU usages are low it can be a CPU bottleneck: As long as you can get more FPS (i. e. the GPU isn't capped by an FPS cap it should work at 100 % load).
The issue can also be an outdated driver (in that case update it) or a faulty latest driver (in that case down grade it). It can also be a faulty Windows update.

Jan 11, 2020
Right now I have csgo launched, so the memory usage is around 16%. Overall it's at around 60%. CPU is at around 40% overall.

For Warzone the issue is probably having only 8 GB of RAM. As Djoza said the minimum requirement for RAM is 8 GB. And if you are playing on High settings that's an issue. In that case get another 8 GB of RAM (2x8 gb kit).

For CS:GO (for your reply I am assuming the 60 % is for the GPU or the RAM). If it's the GPU, then your system might not be fully utilizing the GPU. There are a lot of ways to fix that, just try Google-ing it. It might also be a CPU bottleneck (again, the CPU might be under powered (not good enough for the GPU)). In that case there's really nothing you can do except buying a new CPU (or overclock the CPU or the RAM if you haven't already).
If it's the RAM, then again 8 GB is not desirable (especially not for high-end gaming like Warzone. 16 GB will be plenty)

So, try to update Windows (or roll back to the older version). Try to update to the latest driver (or roll back to the older one), Buy another 8 GB of RAM (believe me they'll help you).
There isn't much else I can think of except a CPU bottleneck.

Nov 24, 2020
Forgot to ask,how are the temps?
It could be a major problem if ur system is really dusty and it could be thermal throttling.Monitor temps while ur gaming and report them back here

About the temps, the cpu cooler is an intel stock cooler, so the temperature is at around 98°C when playing. Gpu is at 69°C while playing

WOW 98C?? i think we have found ur problem.Clean that cooler as soon as you can,or should i say potentialy replace it.Buy thermal paste,its no more that 5$ and repaste the cpu and put the cooler back on.Trust me its gonna turn everything back to normal.The main problem is that ur cpu is thermal throotling,or should i say its slowing it self down to prevent from burning to death.

Edit:Video to help u if u dont know how to repaste the cpu:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFqx1M302Jw

Solution
Nov 24, 2020
Ok so 2 things ive reviewed here to be an issue.

8gb of DDR3 At 798MHz is an extreme bottleneck to the system in general. That ram speed is the bottom of the barrel when gaming on ddr3. Even back then DDR3 standards where around 1333-1600 average. And as someone mentioned previously. 8gb memory in general is already the minimum requirement for Modern Warfare.

Now it is clear to note that sometimes Speccy gives extremely bad reads. It once tried to claim that my cpu was at 192 degrees. But after checking with a few other applications it showed my cpu to be at 35 idle and 60 load. So keep that in mind when recording your temps.

However, if this is the true temp, which it quite possibly could be, you definitely need to check how bad your cooling is. I would probably invest in a new fan. That cpu is perfectly fine for todays standards anyway, so theres no need to replace that.

So definitely change out your ram for something better. Preferably 16 gb of 1600mhz or above. And replace your stock cooler and thermal paste. You might want to add better overall cooling to your system anyway since it wouldnt hurt for better fans.