Question Low frame rate when gaming

punkyfish

Prominent
Jan 26, 2019
Hi, I have just built this: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Punkyfish/saved/#view=X8Hzf7

My youngest is complaining that the frame rate per second is poor, just watched him playing and it fluctuates enormously between 15 upwards. Have set extreme gaming mode in dragon centre which improved a bit but he bought something within the game and the frame rate dropped to 15.

He said my pc had better frame rates and that was without a graphics card Gigabyte Z390 board and i7 9700k.

Can anyone help as I am not a gamer, any advice on settings etc to improve gaming would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

logainofhades

Titan
Make sure the monitor is hooked up to the graphics card, and not the motherboard. That kind of FPS sound like integrated graphics. Make sure windows and and your graphics drivers are up to date. The default Windows ones tend to be junk/outdated. What games, resolution, and settings? That GPU is a bit on the weak side, given the CPU you chose.

punkyfish

Prominent
Jan 26, 2019
Make sure the monitor is hooked up to the graphics card, and not the motherboard. That kind of FPS sound like integrated graphics. Make sure windows and and your graphics drivers are up to date. The default Windows ones tend to be junk/outdated. What games, resolution, and settings? That GPU is a bit on the weak side, given the CPU you chose.
Hi, yes everything is plugged in where it should be and all drivers etc up to date.