[SOLVED] Low framerate when another window opened.

J1H

Dec 28, 2019
I have a RTX 2060, R7 2700, Gigabyte x470 ultra gaming motherboard and 16gb of 3000mhz corsair vengeance pro rgb ram

whenever I have a twitch window or fullscreen youtube video / stream preview on my second monitor my in-game frame-rate feels like 30-60 fps even so 250 is indicated. This is the worst in rocket league but also happens in other games

Solution
It has something to do with the windows' display manager. You can find which of those are causing trouble by selecting vertical sync on (if you have >100Hz monitor) and minimizing the suspected stuff when the frame rate drops down. There is no other solution I have found, but folding the other windows down or running the game in full screen...
It has something to do with the windows' display manager. You can find which of those are causing trouble by selecting vertical sync on (if you have >100Hz monitor) and minimizing the suspected stuff when the frame rate drops down. There is no other solution I have found, but folding the other windows down or running the game in full screen...

Solution