I7-4790k @ 4.5 on all cores
16GB 1866Mhz ram
Aorus 1080ti (not extreme version)
750W PSU
Samsung 850 Evo

Benchmarks:
3DMark Timespy: default settings
Unigine Heaven: 4K, ultra quality, extreme tessellation, 0xAA
Metro Last Light Redux: 4K, Very High quality, 16xAF, no SSAA, Very High tessellation, PhysX off
Metro 1440p: Same as above aside from resolution
Firestike regular: default

Results
Timespy graphics score: 10300
Heaven: 54fps
Metro: 65fps
Metro 1440p: 137fps
Firestrike graphics: 29490
You'll notice that the card performs as expected at anything other than 4K. I tried seating the card again, setting power mode to high performance, and I did a fresh install of 381.65 drivers when I swapped the card. I've also closed every other program and disconnected from internet. I've upped the power and temp limits on the card, but haven't overclocked yet. Card hovers around 1950Mhz during benchmarks, but climbs to 2k on occasion.
Would next step to be swap my old car back in and check if it performs the same? Let me know if there's any other info I can provide.

mrobscura

Prominent
Mar 9, 2017
the 1080ti, while a powerful card isnt the end all be all when it comes to 4k. there still isnt a single card on the market that is going to let you max out demanding games(or benchmarks) and stay above 60fps at 4k.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
Honestly our numbers don't look off at 4K. Keep in mind the difference between 2K and 4K is x2 (ie 4k should run 1/2 as many FPS on average on 4K compared to 2K). Metro at 1440P gives you 137FPS, 4K 65FPs which is approx 1/2 the frame frame rate as it should be. Your unigine scores are on par with reviews I have seen

http://www.fudzilla.com/reviews/43048-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-review?start=11

Also your Timespy numbers are about what I would expect to see. When searching single GTX 1080 Ti's GPUs near your score on futuremark I found your system to be right where it should be in comparison other similar spec'd rigs. Of course there were some outliers above and below but you fell in the middle of the bell curve from what I could see. And the same was true for Firestrike. Most for FS were in the 28-32K range.

To my point I don't see any issue with your scores.

Gmanuel

Reputable
Apr 5, 2015
I guess comparing my scores against those of Kyle from BitWit, Ars Tech, and Anand isn't exactly wise to begin with. I just noticed they normally average 90 in Unigine, and high 70s in metro at the same settings, which had me confused.
I reinstalled my old GPU and did notice a 4fps drop from what i was getting at those same settings in metro. Used DDU to do a reinstall of drivers, and will test again.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
yeah it's tough to get the same exact numbers a reviewer uses. Everything from software patches, drivers and hardware affect the scores. As long as your close though your good. And close you are just not dead on. If you were another 10FPS lower then I would say you need to reinstall windows...yada yada. Which you can still do and it may give you another 5-10FPS but is all that hassle worth a maybe...Sorry the news isn't better and yes using DDU is smart it should help freshen up your GPU drivers and hopefully give your frame rate a kick. I just wouldn't expect to much is all. Expecting more from hardware then your likely to get is a common thing I see in the forums. Your in the ball park though and that is what counts.