Low Frames on High End PC (Fortnite and Black Ops)

Oct 16, 2018
Hi,

I recently bought a custom-built PC and was wondering if the frames I'm getting are accurate. How many frames should I roughly be getting on Black Ops 4 and Fortnite with this build?

i9-7980XE
Dual SLI 1080Ti
64 GB HyperX Ram (8x 8GB sticks)
All liquid cooled, etc.
ASUS Deluxe x299 MOBO
1920x1080 Res, 240 Hz, Alienware AW2518H

Seems like I'm not getting max performance on a PC I spent roughly 7k for.

A little more context into this: I play 1920x1080 resolution. My monitor is the Alienware 240 hz one (forgot the model). I play Fortnite more competitively so I'm not looking for 4k graphics, just 240 hz. It feels like when playing games such as Fortnite or Blackout I lose a lot of frames when turning or spinning around. I don't see it on streamers FPS counter who have builds with an i7 and a 1080 Ti. I'll average around 200 frames on Fortnite, sometimes 300 and a lot of the times it falls back down to 60 frames. On Black Ops, every 30 seconds or so, the game freezes for one second and then goes back for the next 30. It seems so weird and inconsistent that I'm having these problems. SLI is enabled, I set it to the setting for the most frames. Also I have intel turboboost if that does much but I disabled it. (It was installed with the PC). I paid CyberPower to overclock the GPU as well. As for benchmarks, they match up to what it is supposed to be. I feel like I should be able to stream and run the game on max settings all across the board, and not lower things like effects for me to get more frames. Any insight would be great. Thanks!