Question Low gaming performance, which hardware should i upgrade?

May 25, 2019
Hey folks, my problem is, that i cannot run resoucre intensive games (like Metro Exodus) smoothly on my pc. I know that my hardware is not "PC master race", but i meet the recommended system requirements. Now i wonder weather i have to upgrade my hardware and if yes, what exactly? Since my budget is limited i cant afford a complete new pc. Im really happy about any advise.
Current Setup:
i5 4670K;
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 3.40 GHz;
16Gb RAM;
Win 10;
If you need more information, just ask me :)

miknepa

Reputable
May 20, 2019
The CPU Seems about right for most games, with some overclocking it most certainly is no problem. Im focusing on the GPU as thats not the most actual, i endorse the GTX 1080 and 1070.

May 25, 2019
Tanks to all, i have not overclocked my GPU and i actually dont even know how to do it or if it can be done with my GPU. Could that improve my performance? If that doesnt help ill get a new one.

Tanks to all, i have not overclocked my GPU and i actually dont even know how to do it or if it can be done with my GPU. Could that improve my performance? If that doesnt help ill get a new one.
overclocking CPU, not GPU - You can overclock your GPU but it will only give you 10% more if you are lucky. This also adds extra stress on the entire system as well.
Better off, telling us your budget and maybe we can recommend a better GPU for you

miknepa

Reputable
May 20, 2019
actually dont even know how to do it or if it can be done with my GPU

1: If it can be done with your GPU: No idea, do some research online, but you should be able to OC an GTX graphics card.
2: How 2 OC(overclock): Download MSI Afterburner, atleast thats what like more than half the people that overclock use, including me, and i endorse it.
Disclaimer: Overclocking is not easy and fun for everyone, it has its risks and you may not even be able to do it because of your thermals. If you do it i do not take any resposibility if you fry your stuff