Reputable
Nov 27, 2018
PC
r9 285 2gb power color
i3 3210
ram 6gb
Resolution 1050x1680
win 7 ultimate

i noticed a problem while plaing games (mostly open world) when i move for a while in one direction (cousing rendering new objects and textures) my game freezes for few sec (1-3 up to 30 in far cry 5)
and lower performance then expected

game performance:
ac origins (settings Mostly low, textures medium but performance is same if it was all low) 17-25fps average 20fps freezing (not so often up to 3sec)
farcry 5 ( settings all low exept textures and enviroment which is medium) 40-50 fps but huge problem as i described above ( freezing from 5 up to 30 sec)
ac syndicate (setttings same as far cry 5) fps 30-50 average 40fps freezing (a lot more often than origins but depending am i moving in one direction or mosly staying on one place)

i know that i have bad cpu but from how much i learned from watching youtube benchmarks it is enought for much better performance with even significantly worse GPUs
and

and when i start far cry 5 benchmark one third of benchmark passes while having 0 fps second third it is VERY unstable while third its starting to stabilize even on low

i tried using DDU to uninstall earlier gpu driver
i have literaly none programs openned in background.

can somebody please tell me what is problem, and if you have some more questions ask me.

Last edited:
Solution
Your problem is likely that your system simply isn't up to running these newer Ubisoft open worlds. The i3 3210 only has 2 cores. AC: Origins needs a quad core at absolute minimum to get playable performance, and more cores than that are recommended if you want 60+ FPS. Far Cry 5 is more single threaded but still really needs more than 2 cores with hyperthreading to run well. 6GB of system RAM is also below minimum requirements and could also be slowing you down if it needs to go to the hard drive swap file. 8GB is pretty much the minimum for gaming these days.

Another problem you may also be running into is lack of VRAM. 2GB is pretty much the absolute bare minimum to even run modern games, and that's if you run everything on low...
Your problem is likely that your system simply isn't up to running these newer Ubisoft open worlds. The i3 3210 only has 2 cores. AC: Origins needs a quad core at absolute minimum to get playable performance, and more cores than that are recommended if you want 60+ FPS. Far Cry 5 is more single threaded but still really needs more than 2 cores with hyperthreading to run well. 6GB of system RAM is also below minimum requirements and could also be slowing you down if it needs to go to the hard drive swap file. 8GB is pretty much the minimum for gaming these days.

Another problem you may also be running into is lack of VRAM. 2GB is pretty much the absolute bare minimum to even run modern games, and that's if you run everything on low. You're probably going to have to turn those textures down to low so you don't run out of VRAM and get stutters or freezes.

Basically, Ubisoft's open world games are very demanding and you need some fairly strong hardware to run them. A lower end system with a midrange GPU from 6 years ago simply isn't going to be able to keep up with those newer titles.

Solution