[SOLVED] Low Gaming Performance

Sep 1, 2020
So my Laptop is the Acer Nitro 5, Ever since I got it my performance on games are just not right. Here are my problems.
-My Gpu Usage is low about 20% usage (and the Intergrated graphics is also being used?)
-On Msi afterburner I can't change the Temp Limit and Power Limit
-On Minecraft I should be getting over 300 fps but instead I'm only getting 90??
-My Gtx 1650 is not running at full

So my performance is not great
(I have updated all my drivers and changed the power plan to high performance, I have changed to high performance in Nvidia Control panel)

Acer Nitro 5 Specs:
I5-10300H
GTX 1650
8 GB Ram DDR4

Solution
The RAM is not only enough capacity for the game mentioned, it's being single channel vs dual is not going to cause that huge a difference in performance. I also find it strange he made no reply on whether he checked for malware or 3rd party software conflicts, or anything about temps or stability for that matter.

As is often said, especially with new users, the problem often exists between the PC and the chair.
Are you playing with it plugged in as well when playing on high performance plan? I assume since you changed the power plan, you do know by default laptops are usually set to battery saving mode, and run like crap when playing games due to them throttling the processor speeds way down to conserve the battery?

Also, the laptop version of GPUs are always clocked much lower than their desktop counterparts. It's also not a good idea to mess with temp and power limits if you're trying to crank them higher. In fact one of the most common tweaks with laptops these days is to slightly under volt the GPU, to make them run more stable. It won't increase FPS, but it can minimize extreme frame drops, and make the gameplay noticeably smoother. This is done at the factory with a lot of models that are called "MaxQ" versions. Good ventilation is key too, like using a laptop cooler under it.

Just curious, have you done anything to check for malware or 3rd party software conflicts, to rule out either of those being the culprit?

Sep 1, 2020
Are you playing with it plugged in as well when playing on high performance plan? I assume since you changed the power plan, you do know by default laptops are usually set to battery saving mode, and run like crap when playing games due to them throttling the processor speeds way down to conserve the battery?

Also, the laptop version of GPUs are always clocked much lower than their desktop counterparts. It's also not a good idea to mess with temp and power limits if you're trying to crank them higher. In fact one of the most common tweaks with laptops these days is to slightly under volt the GPU, to make them run more stable. It won't increase FPS, but it can minimize extreme frame drops, and make the gameplay noticeably smoother. This is done at the factory with a lot of models that are called "MaxQ" versions. Good ventilation is key too, like using a laptop cooler under it.

Just curious, have you done anything to check for malware or 3rd party software conflicts, to rule out either of those being the culprit?
Like other peoples Performance is just better than mine I see someone elses performance and when I have the same exact machine as them I dont get the same like in Minecraft they get 300 fps and on mine i get like 50 like what the frick

The RAM is not only enough capacity for the game mentioned, it's being single channel vs dual is not going to cause that huge a difference in performance. I also find it strange he made no reply on whether he checked for malware or 3rd party software conflicts, or anything about temps or stability for that matter.

As is often said, especially with new users, the problem often exists between the PC and the chair.

Solution