[SOLVED] Low GPU and CPU usage all games.

Nov 21, 2021
My GPU and CPU are being used by 30% or lower in all games(60% if I'm using ray tracing+ultra graphics). I have an RTX 2080 and i7 8700k, 16gb of DDR4 2666mhz RAM, 650W PSU. H100i Pro AIO. Its not a temp issue as my temps are both sitting at 35-40 degrees C.
I heard someone say BIOS update could fix it but I'm not too sure, or maybe my psu is weak?

Mainly in Vanguard, Valorant.

Solution
I'm not too sure, as my ram,psu,mobo are from a prebuilt. When I built a new PC I took some parts from my old one into here

Gotcha.

I'd still suggest to try swapping out the power supply. This kind of thing may alleviate your issues and if not, you can repackage and return it. I would highly suggest getting one from a brick and mortar store though, to save on any issues through the mail.

Tigerhawk30

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2015
If you could give brand names of your parts (including the PSU), that would help. That said, I do believe you're at the bare minimum as a cursory look for a 2080 indicates a minimum PSU of 650W.

There are higher quality tiers of PSU than others, and if your PSU brand is at something lower than a higher tier, this may be contributing to your issues.

Hope this helps!

Nov 21, 2021
If you could give brand names of your parts (including the PSU), that would help. That said, I do believe you're at the bare minimum as a cursory look for a 2080 indicates a minimum PSU of 650W.

There are higher quality tiers of PSU than others, and if your PSU brand is at something lower than a higher tier, this may be contributing to your issues.

Hope this helps!
I'm not too sure, as my ram,psu,mobo are from a prebuilt. When I built a new PC I took some parts from my old one into here

Tigerhawk30

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2015

Gotcha.

I'd still suggest to try swapping out the power supply. This kind of thing may alleviate your issues and if not, you can repackage and return it. I would highly suggest getting one from a brick and mortar store though, to save on any issues through the mail.

Solution