Question Low GPU and CPU usage in games. How can i fix it??

Aug 7, 2021
Hi, I have an MSI GT 780 laptop, its specifications are I7 2720QM, GTX 560M, 16GB ram, mostly the laptop works okay until I start playing some game. In the game, the fps is temporarily top notch, so the frame drop starts and falls with e.g. 120 at 20fps, and so it takes a minute, two, then it goes back to normal fps, then it drops again, and so on in a circle. I turned on the task manager while I was playing. Mostly when the fps is bad the usage of the GPU and CPU is very low, and when the normal fps usage of that graphics and CPU starts up a bit, but in both cases the CPU is used more than the GPU. Do you have any idea what this is about and is this fixable? I cleaned it of dust, but it's not worth it.

Aug 7, 2021
is this only a single game showing issues?

does this also happen when stressing the system with benchmarking software?

what's "normal" fps?
Normal fps is like 80fps - 200fps depends on game and then it frame drops. I watched most of the videos on youtube, power plan stuff, doing something on regedit, but i had this issue much before, and i cleaned it out of dust, and laptop worked like its a brand new, so it started again, i cleaned it out of dust, but it didnt help, now even in balanced mode where the setting of processor power managment isnt at 100%. I cant buy a new laptop, because to be honest, my family and i are in currently bad financial situation.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS