SSD: Samsung 960 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB - 198.8%
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB - 248.3%
SSD: T-force 1TB 1TB - 128.8%
HDD: WD Black 1TB (2013) - 94.4%
RAM: Team Group Inc. TEAMGROUP-UD4-3000 2x8GB - 86.9%
MBD: Asus PRIME Z370-A

PSU is EVGA 850w gold
cpu cooler is an NZXT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

So I noticed the last couple of weeks that my FPS in League of Legends was much lower than usual, around 140fps and dipping to around 100 in team fights. At first I thought my 1080ti was slowing down as it's a used mining card that I've had for 5 years.
So I bought a 3080 a few days ago, and I'm getting the exact same FPS in League and in Fortnite, while in other games my FPS have definitely improved (I have a stable capped 190fps in Apex, stable 240 in Overwatch, both with high-ish settings). Rivatuner shows that my GPU is barely being used in the underperforming games, whereas in the others it's working fine.
With my 3080 and Epic graphic settings GPU usage in Fortnite doesn't go over 75% (usually around 50%) , CPU usage is around 50%, and temps for both hover around 65 c - 75 c, and I'm getting less than 100fps in fights. Enabling DLSS doesn't do anything. I get better FPS when turning my settings down, but my average GPU/CPU usage doesn't really change.

And when I initially start a game in League the frames are around 500fps, then it slowly goes down over the course of the game.
DLSS, raytracing, Vsync, Gsync, and FPS caps are all off. I've tried enabling my 3080 in Nvidia control panel program settings. I updated my motherboard bios, did a clean driver installation with DDU. My latest overclocked Superposition benchmark is 7881. In all the benchmarking and stress tests I've done, my CPU seems to be working fine. But I'll be re-applying thermal paste when I get my 99% isopropyl from amazon this weekend.

XMP is enabled, memory is in dual-channel mode, I defragged, did a disc cleanup, uninstalled unused programs (though all my drives are 75 - 80% full). I downloaded HWInfo but I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

Been searching online for solutions, I don't know what else I can do here.

D

Deleted member 362816

I play quite a few older games, None that you listed though. I have a rx 6800, Even with setting a min clock and with no cpu bottleneck at 1440p I still only get 70-100 fps in most of them. I can force a core clock but I have not found a way to force higher gpu usage.

I feel your pain.

May 4, 2022
I play quite a few older games, None that you listed though. I have a rx 6800, Even with setting a min clock and with no cpu bottleneck at 1440p I still only get 70-100 fps in most of them. I can force a core clock but I have not found a way to force higher gpu usage.

I feel your pain.

The thing is, I used to be able to get high frames running these games. A couple if weeks ago league was running at a stable 240fps. Then out of the blue I just get low fps every game

D

Deleted member 362816

The thing is, I used to be able to get high frames running these games. A couple if weeks ago league was running at a stable 240fps. Then out of the blue I just get low fps every game

Maybe try an older Nvidia driver and see if it changes anything.