Question Low GPU/CPU Usage ?

Jan 8, 2023
Hello everyone. This is my first post. I have been having problems with my PC, since it does not use my gpu/cpu to the max. I have tried everything, even formatting windows 10 home completely, but nothing seems to work. When I built my pc, I saw a lot of videos where it didn't look like a bottlenecking issue at all.

CPU: i3-10105F
GPU: RTX 2060 6GB
RAM: 1x16 GB RAM 2666mhz
PSU: EVGA 500w

I play at 1920x1080 and set all graphics to max to make my gpu work harder, but it doesn't seem to fix it.
It happens in every game.
Thank you!

You do not want to use the cpu or the cpu to the max.
That would indicate that either the cpu or the gpu was limiting performance.

Do you have a performance problem?
How are you measuring cpu and gpu?
What kinds of games do you play?

If fps does not change when you lower graphics resolutions and settings, it indicates that the cpu is limiting your performance.
You would have done better with a 2 x 8gb ram kit, but that is water under the bridge. Buying a second ram stick is not guaranteed to work; ram must be matched to operate properly.
That said, with a intel processor and stock ram speeds your odds of success by adding ram are relative good, but not 100%

Jan 8, 2023
1 stick of ram?
model of this evga 500w?
and what the cpu/gpu temp? and how low is low usage?
upgrade build and fresh os install?
latest motherboard bios?
Yes, one ram stick x 16GB
EVGA 500w W3 80 plus white
When I play games, the gpu does not exceed 85 degrees centigrade. While the cpu does not exceed 78 degrees. Both cpu and gpu range between 30 to 60 usage
Current Bios Version: H410M H V3 FB
Thank you!

Jan 8, 2023
You do not want to use the cpu or the cpu to the max.
That would indicate that either the cpu or the gpu was limiting performance.

Do you have a performance problem?
How are you measuring cpu and gpu?
What kinds of games do you play?

If fps does not change when you lower graphics resolutions and settings, it indicates that the cpu is limiting your performance.
You would have done better with a 2 x 8gb ram kit, but that is water under the bridge. Buying a second ram stick is not guaranteed to work; ram must be matched to operate properly.
That said, with a intel processor and stock ram speeds your odds of success by adding ram are relative good, but not 100%

Yes, games like GTA Online does not exceed 60 fps in the city. It's quite annoying having a 165 monitor. And I'm telling you, I watched many videos of this build on youtube and it doesn't look like they have this problem.
MSI Afterburner
GTA V, GTA lV, Battlefield 1, Warzone 2, COD MW2, LoL and Valorant
I'll borrow a couple of rams from a friend and see if that works. Thanks for your response!

TRENDING THREADS