Question Low GPU/CPU usage ?

Apr 8, 2024
Hello,

So i have a Lenovo LOQ 15APH8 laptop and something is bothering me pretty much

Specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 5 7640HS
GPU: RTX 4060 8GB
RAM:16GB DDR5 5600mhz

In CS2 , i have around 200-250 fps on every map , the thing is my gpu and cpu utilization never pass 50% ( somethimes gpu stay even in 30-35 % ) . I know thoose specs should squeeze more fps , but my laptop dont want to . What is annoying me is beacause i have a 240hz monitor connected to laptop , sometimes my image is freezing or laggin cause the fps drop to 150 or even down. I m doing something wrong ? Is any possible way to relase all the "horsepower" this latpop have ? I ve seen some test on youtube about these laptop , and they got way more fps and stable .

I did untile now these settings : Nvidia control panel settings , overclook gpu and performance mode on lenovo legion ( not to much ) , game mode ON on windows settings , cs2 use high priority , and all the settings in game are pretty low .

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Game settings can impact both CPU and GPU utilization, but so can heat (a problem for all laptops to some extent, even gaming laptops). Throttling will occur and cause the types of drops in performance you are describing.

The low game settings you indicated will lower the burden on the CPU/GPU. Have you tried increasing game settings at all? That should show a change in utilization, but will increase heat. All about balance.

Apr 8, 2024
Game settings can impact both CPU and GPU utilization, but so can heat (a problem for all laptops to some extent, even gaming laptops). Throttling will occur and cause the types of drops in performance you are describing.

The low game settings you indicated will lower the burden on the CPU/GPU. Have you tried increasing game settings at all? That should show a change in utilization, but will increase heat. All about balance.
I am used to play at low settings, because I need as many fps as possible. For example ,when there are a lot of people in the game, then fps goes down, but utilization stays the same.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
But my CPU and GPU usage are around 40% both of them, is there any way to make them to utilize more ?
Yes, give them more work to do (as suggested by increasing the settings). If you don't give more work to do, then those resources will not be used.

It isn't like your system works at 100% capacity on whatever work it has. The system will manage resources based on the workload and adjust accordingly.

Lower game settings lower the work to be performed. Understand?