Question Low gpu usage already tried a bunch of the other posts none of them solving issue

Mar 26, 2020
Specs of PC:
CPU: i7 6700
GPU: 1080 ti
RAM: 16gb 2133
Alright so i just bought a 1080ti upgraded from a 1060 6gb. Im gettling low gpu usage in all games causing me to only get roughly 30-50 fps temps are bellow 70 cpu usage at 60 tried another psu reinstalled windows tried all sorts of drivers made sure to run ddu after every change of driver tried different ram and another 1080 ti all still the same issue. Ran 3dmark firestrike came out in the top 200 with the same setup, please comment any ideas you have it would really help

Make sure that in your power plan under PCI express, link-state power management is set to off. That CPU is also underpowered as compared to the GPU. CPU usage is at 60% but probably maxing 2+ cores at 100%. I would look to upgrade CPU/MOBO/RAM combo.

Mar 26, 2020
Make sure that in your power plan under PCI express, link-state power management is set to off. That CPU is also underpowered as compared to the GPU. CPU usage is at 60% but probably maxing 2+ cores at 100%. I would look to upgrade CPU/MOBO/RAM combo.

No cores maxing out all at 60 and my brother has a 2080 on the 6700k and he has no issues

Many times games are optimized during install around what hardware you have, where changing that hardware might then confuse the gaming engine....

YOu can try completely removing/reinstalling the game in question, if performance in other GPU-related benchmarks seems normal...

No cores maxing out all at 60 and my brother has a 2080 on the 6700k and he has no issues
Is his RAM at 3600mghz? What is the exact PSU model? What motherboard do you have installed? Do you have the most updated BIOS? What games specifically are you playing? What resolution monitor are you gaming on? Are you using a multi-monitor setup? Make sure your power plan doesn't limit CPU speeds via power savings or reduced maximum speed.

Mar 26, 2020
Is his RAM at 3600mghz? What is the exact PSU model? What motherboard do you have installed? Do you have the most updated BIOS? What games specifically are you playing? What resolution monitor are you gaming on? Are you using a multi-monitor setup? Make sure your power plan doesn't limit CPU speeds via power savings or reduced maximum speed.

all games are having the same issue and in game benchmarks say 60% usage on the gpu as well but regular benchmarks that arent in a game like firestrike have no problem maxing out