Question Low GPU Usage? FPS issues

olly29

Reputable
Oct 1, 2015
Hi guys. For some reason I have been getting frame rate issues which is noticeable while playing games and when I move the cursor (it feels pixelated) as of a few weeks ago. I have a 1070 ti and is only displaying roughly 20% usage in HWMonitor which seems low?
Thankyou

Metal Messiah.

Commendable
Mar 28, 2019
Kindly provide PC specs, as much as possible from your side.

-1. "Complete" system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information.

Please supply the following system details/information:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

*If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must note the make and model# of the unit. Be sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit.

*If "Crashing":
-Note the nature of the "crash" in detail, as there are several definitions for the word "crash".

*If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After Hardware change/upgrade etc...)

*For diagnostic purposes please disable the following:
-Any/all Antivirus/ Anti-malware software
-Any/all OSD monitoring software
-ALL overclocks outside of factory spec

olly29

Reputable
Oct 1, 2015
Sure sorry,

CPU: Intel i7-7700(non k)
GPU: 1070 ti
Mobo: gigabyte H270 3 Gaming
PSU: Seasonic 650 Gold standard
512gb samsung Evo m2 nvme
RAM: 16gb 2400mhz
Win10
Monitor: AOC G2460PG Gsync

Metal Messiah.

Commendable
Mar 28, 2019
Okay, specs seem to be fine. First of all, make sure your system is fully updated, including the OS, drivers, BIOS etc. If need be, do a FRESH install of the OS, and the GPU driers. Before continuing further, can you list all names of the PC GAME titles, in which you are getting Low GPU usage/FPS issues ? If the game is less graphic demanding, then it won't put too much load on the GPU.

Run any synthetic benchmark on your system, and then check/compare the scores with others having a similar RIG (Heaven UNIGINE 3DMARK etc.).

There are other causes as well, for this low GPU usage.. Kindly wait, I will respond back with some solution. In the meantime, other FORUM members might be able to guide you.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS