Im only getting 50-60% gpu usage?
just thought id add i get 70-80% cpu usage

Cheers

May 18, 2019
What games?
What resolution?
Are you using V-Sync?
What fps are you getting?
Just fortnite as i only just got my pc, havent been bothered downloading anything else
1920x1080p, No V-sync
i have capped at 144fps but it drops alot, in the pre game lobby itll stay around 90fps
Video Settings:Epic view distance and everything else at the lowest setting

Yup, cpu reaches 100% when fps drops
There is something running in the background. I had that same issue and finally got fed up and did a complete reinstall of everything. My saves are on Steam, GoG, or Origin. There were some on the computer, but were saved to another drive. That took care of the problem. Got tired of looking to se if I could find what was running that was using that much CPU.

May 18, 2019
There is something running in the background. I had that same issue and finally got fed up and did a complete reinstall of everything. My saves are on Steam, GoG, or Origin. There were some on the computer, but were saved to another drive. That took care of the problem. Got tired of looking to se if I could find what was running that was using that much CPU.

ill try doing that, hopefully it works. Its just that im not sure if that is the problem because my frames only drop when im in crowded areas or mid fight, its not like they just drop for no reason. its annoying when im late game in world cup games and my fps drops as low as 70fps, also from what ive seen i should be getting 100% usage from my gpu with my set up.

erik62905

Honorable
Jan 17, 2018
ill try doing that, hopefully it works. Its just that im not sure if that is the problem because my frames only drop when im in crowded areas or mid fight, its not like they just drop for no reason. its annoying when im late game in world cup games and my fps drops as low as 70fps, also from what ive seen i should be getting 100% usage from my gpu with my set up.
The 8100 is bottlenecking the GTX 1060. When the CPU is at 100% and the GPU can't increase usage, there is a bottleneck. The fps are not dropping for no reason. The CPU has to calculate player positions and other stuff. It is getting overloaded with information and can't process the frames fast enough for the GPU (AKA the GPU is waiting for the CPU to give it the frame).

Also, why the h*ll did you get 3000 MHz memory?? That was a waste of money. The H310 chipset can't do memory overclocking or XMP. That motherboard probably can't even handle memory over 2666 MHz anyways. The 8100 can't fully utilize more than 2400 MHz memory.

Like the CPU, if you see 100% usage, it is working it's ass off and shouldn't be. All of my games are graphically maxed out and it doesn't use a lot of GPU ( CPU is usually around 20% when gaming maybe ).

Reactions: drumNbass1234
May 18, 2019
The 8100 is bottlenecking the GTX 1060. When the CPU is at 100% and the GPU can't increase usage, there is a bottleneck. The fps are not dropping for no reason. The CPU has to calculate player positions and other stuff. It is getting overloaded with information and can't process the frames fast enough for the GPU (AKA the GPU is waiting for the CPU to give it the frame).

Also, why the h*ll did you get 3000 MHz memory?? That was a waste of money. The H310 chipset can't do memory overclocking or XMP. That motherboard probably can't even handle memory over 2666 MHz anyways. The 8100 can't fully utilize more than 2400 MHz memory.
i was convinced that it was bottle neck at first, then i saw some post saying that i would'nt get any bottle neck with i3 8100 ans 1060, it is what it is i guess.
My rams actually only 2133mhz i just copied and pasted the post from the guy who was sold it to me he must've made an error

i had task manager up while playing and around 85% of cpu usage was being used for fortnite.
I'm not familiar with that game. I know that The Witcher 3 was Graphically intensive. In The Witcher 2, which was less intensive, A lot had to back down on their settings and disable Uber sampling in order to play it. I disabled Uber Sampling and Motion Blur ( Which I don't like anyway ) and it played fine, but that was on an earlier build. By the Time The Witcher 3 came out, I had a decent build that could handle it with maxed out settings.

TRENDING THREADS