[SOLVED] Low gpu usage high cpu

Dec 26, 2018
So i had some issues with my computer did everything i could and nothing worked so i just reinstalled windows. Everything was fine like 1 day until next day i tried playing cs go and at first i saw like 120 fps that is totally fine for me i played for like 5 minutes and suddently my fps went to like 50-70 i didint really like that so i downoloaded MSI AfterBurner and i saw that when playing my gpu is like at 19% 40% at max. so i wonder can anyone help me to fix it.

BTW my specs are: i5-7300HQ/8GB/256SSD/GTX1050/Win10

Solution
I think you may have found the problem.

I think the CPU might be throttling because it is getting too hot.

I would check the cooler mounting. If it isn't snug, I would make it snug and try it again. If the temps are still high I would re-thermal paste it and make sure my fan was spinning fast enough.
That is fine for the GPU.

If you go into Afterburner settings....you can choose to also monitor you CPU temperature also.

I would do this.

Ideally you want it under 70 or so depending on the CPU....but 75 isn't going to cause a crash on most CPUs. Once you get into the 80s-90s are where problems start.

I would do this and report back.

I think you may have found the problem.

I think the CPU might be throttling because it is getting too hot.

I would check the cooler mounting. If it isn't snug, I would make it snug and try it again. If the temps are still high I would re-thermal paste it and make sure my fan was spinning fast enough.

Solution