[SOLVED] LOW GPU USAGE IN EVERY GAME

Jun 8, 2020
sorry for my english,i am having a problem recently,my gpu usage is low in every game which is giving me bad fps.i wasn't facing this issue before i don't know what happened to my pc.i've searched everywhere for this problem couldn't find anything.i get like 30-40% gpu usage in gta v and 35-50 fps....
MY SPECS:
i7 2600
gtx 1060 6gb
600W psu
16 gb ram

there isn't any bottle neck i m sure of it,things that i have checked:
  1. reinstalled games
  2. reinstalled windows
  3. deleted drivers with ddu and reinstalled them again(also checked old drivers too)
  4. checked psu
  5. checked rams
  6. disabled HPET
  7. enabled all nvidia settings like (prefer maximum performance)
can anyone please help me out , i am sick and tired of this,i am already thinking about throwing my pc from the rooftop,any help will be appreciated.....

in game performance=>> View: https://imgur.com/VGAJWfC

GPU Z =>> View: https://imgur.com/TE3xGEf

Solution
Strangely, none of what you've done has anything to do with the most obvious problem, which can be seen after five seconds of looking at the screenshots. Have you not noticed that your CPU is burning up? Take care of that mess of a situation first and likely the GPU will get properly fed from the CPU again.
Ok, so this steps will help...
first of all disable game mode...
Second use ddu to uninstall nvidia drivers and roll back to nvidia driver 442 (the february release one)...
Theres something wrong with the latest video driver for 1060...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Ok, so this steps will help...
first of all disable game mode...
Second use ddu to uninstall nvidia drivers and roll back to nvidia driver 442 (the february release one)...
Theres something wrong with the latest video driver for 1060...

Worrying about disabling game mode when you have a CPU in the high 90s is rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Jun 8, 2020
Strangely, none of what you've done has anything to do with the most obvious problem, which can be seen after five seconds of looking at the screenshots. Have you not noticed that your CPU is burning up? Take care of that mess of a situation first and likely the GPU will get properly fed from the CPU again.
yes i know that but cpu temps were always like this before and everything was fine
P. S : how to lower cpu temps just from internal settings

cpu overheating was never an issue for me cuz i could play for like 16-17 hours straight with no issues
ONE MORE THING:
gpu usage is 99% in cinematics but gets 30-40% when the actual game starts

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
yes i know that but cpu temps were always like this before and everything was fine
P. S : how to lower cpu temps just from internal settings

cpu overheating was never an issue for me cuz i could play for like 16-17 hours straight with no issues
ONE MORE THING:
gpu usage is 99% in cinematics but gets 30-40% when the actual game starts

1. Your CPU is overheating, period.

2. No, everything's not fine.

3. No, it is incorrect to say you have no issues. You have a CPU that's burning up and throttling.

4. No, you don't change it from internal settings, you fix what's wrong with your cooling solution.

All this is moot until you fix the issue. And if there is a GPU issue, it can only be diagnosed in any meaningful matter by first addressing the more pressing, severe, dangerous issue.

Jun 8, 2020
1. Your CPU is overheating, period.

2. No, everything's not fine.

3. No, it is incorrect to say you have no issues. You have a CPU that's burning up and throttling.

4. No, you don't change it from internal settings, you fix what's wrong with your cooling solution.

All this is moot until you fix the issue. And if there is a GPU issue, it can only be diagnosed in any meaningful matter by first addressing the more pressing, severe, dangerous issue.
ok thanks i'll see what i can do about it,after that i'll come to you right after