Nov 4, 2015
MBD: Gigabyte GA-B660M GAMING AC DDR4
CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080
SSD: Samsung 980 Pro NVMe PCIe M.2
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo
RAM: Corsair 2x16GB
PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular

My current problem is im getting low gpu usage on 1 game and it just happens to be one of the main games i play. I know games can be unoptimized but for some reason my 3080 which i recently just upgraded to from a 2080, just wont fully utilize while playing it, but my friends who have the exact same gpu will run fine. Mine will only go to around 30% gpu usage and the frames are shocking im going to list a few things ive tried to save people time of saying an already used solution.

• Tried with maximum performance turned on in power management options in the nvidia control panel
  • Tried turning gsync off
  • Drivers fully updated, windows fully updated
  • Uninstalled drivers, reinstalled drivers
  • Uninstalled drivers and installed older version of drivers
  • Tried going into boot system and manually selecting all processors
  • Tried uninstalling/reinstalling game
  • Tried different monitor thats 1080p instead of my main 1440p
  • Turned off gaming mode on Windows
  • Went into graphics settings in Windows and put high performance on the launcher & the main app
  • Tried overclocking to see if there would be any fps difference (was none, gpu refused to even put more usage in)

I feel like there's more I've tried but thats all i can think of for now.

I even switched my 2080 back in and it will run at 100 gpu usage and gets more frames than my 3080. Another thing to note is, i switched the game from 1440p monitor to my 1080p monitor and they get the exact same frames which is odd because i tried the same thing on my 2080 and the 1080p monitor easily gets 20-30+ more frames?. Its almost like my 3080 is being lazy and its just this one game, every other game it will max out its gpu usage.

Last edited:

Deathstroke_Nzl

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2015
this one game got a name?
Sorry, yeah its "new world" thought I said it but i didnt, thing i find weird tho is even when i switch to lower res monitor im getting the same frames? but when i repeated that exact same steps with my 2080 i got more, not even that, the 2080 gets more frames just in general. Friend also has similar build to me and his runs fine. Its like something is literally limiting the frames from my gpu directly and its not the cpu because i also ran few programs to check none of the cores were single handily bottlenecking or anything, ram looked fine too. Alot of people seem to have this problem but in different games and only in particular games and managed to fix it with one of the above methods, so im kind of just trying anything at this point and hoping ill get lucky and itll be my fix

Deathstroke_Nzl

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2015
Managed to fix it, was simple to fix just stumbled upon the solution when I was looking into a completely different subject. Anyway i just had to turn off my E-cores (efficiency cores) in the bios so that my pc only used the P-cores (performance cores) and it enabled my gpu to be able to use more usage because my cpu was actually being utilized better for gaming. 30-40 more frames now and gpu stays up and more consistent.

Might create like a big thread on every solution for this general issue since this fix didn't seem to be anywhere when i was researching answers and make life easier so people have 1 area they need to go to instead of the 100s i had to go through.

D

Deleted member 2951529

GPU not utilizing to the max isn't always a bad thing. You get less input lag.