[SOLVED] Low GPU usage on Rainbow Six Siege and GTA V

xDeluxers

Reputable
Oct 2, 2020
I have a Ryzen 7 2700x with MSI B450 Tomahawk Max and a GTX 1660 Ti video card. When playing with ultra graphics, GPU utilization is 0.1% (it happens even if the graphics are low). I have updated all the drivers including the BIOS, the RAMs have XMP active but I have already tried to disable it, I have reinstalled Windows several times and now I have swapped the video card with a friend and the problem persists. The only component I haven't tested yet is the CPU. I add one last detail: when I go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> Security and maintenance I find myself a hardware error (LKD_0x141_Tdr: 6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Turing_3D)
msezfDh.jpg
PhOn4zz.png

Solution
If the performance isn't changing when this happens, then it's likely the 3D engine in the game isn't triggering the "3D" graph in Task Manager. It's triggering the hidden "Graphics" graph.

Try using GPU-Z, since it looks at overall activity. Task Manager looks at specific activity.
Well what is the performance like? Sensors and reporting might be wonky. You could update the bios on the card to see if that helps... if your card is actually performing well, I would just leave it.

If it works well even with the error, just leave it. If you are under warranty... return it. If everything sucks and you have no warranty, you could flash the vbios, but i wouldn't if I could avoid it.

xDeluxers

Reputable
Oct 2, 2020
Well what is the performance like? Sensors and reporting might be wonky. You could update the bios on the card to see if that helps... if your card is actually performing well, I would just leave it.

If it works well even with the error, just leave it. If you are under warranty... return it. If everything sucks and you have no warranty, you could flash the vbios, but i wouldn't if I could avoid it.
I have already updated the BIOS and all drivers

If the performance isn't changing when this happens, then it's likely the 3D engine in the game isn't triggering the "3D" graph in Task Manager. It's triggering the hidden "Graphics" graph.

Try using GPU-Z, since it looks at overall activity. Task Manager looks at specific activity.

Solution

xDeluxers

Reputable
Oct 2, 2020

I downloaded MSI Afterburner and it displays the correct stats. Now there remains the problem of the hardware error that appears from time to time in the control panel
:neutral:

Reactions: spentshells

xDeluxers

Reputable
Oct 2, 2020

I used MSI Afterburner and it gives the exact results. But now there remains the problem of hardware error in the control panel :/

TRENDING THREADS