Freddolam

Commendable
Mar 30, 2020
My specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FcQWrV
My GPU runs at 50-60 for Fortnite, and jumps from 50-90 for GTA V. For games like For Honor, my GPU stays at 95+ and I get great frames. There also isn't a problem running Rainbow 6 even though I think R6 is easier to run. It's not a CPU bottleneck because my CPU isn't running high during these games. Please help! I have no idea what the problem is. I have the latest GPU driver and most of the motherboard drivers. My GPU is also performing fine when I run 3D Marks and other benchmarks.

My GPU runs at 50-60 for Fortnite, and jumps from 50-90 for GTA V. For games like For Honor, my GPU stays at 95+ and I get great frames. There also isn't a problem running Rainbow 6 even though I think R6 is easier to run. It's not a CPU bottleneck because my CPU isn't running high during these games. Please help! I have no idea what the problem is. I have the latest GPU driver and most of the motherboard drivers. My GPU is also performing fine when I run 3D Marks and other benchmarks.
Try rolling back your drivers and using previous gpu driver update

The ram you have posted with your mobo and cpu are incompatible, according to Asus the ram you have selceted in pc part picker is not on this mobo's support list.

Freddolam

Commendable
Mar 30, 2020
The ram you have posted with your mobo and cpu are incompatible, according to Asus the ram you have selceted in pc part picker is not on this mobo's support list.
According to my friend it shouldn’t matter. He says the only restriction is it has to be DDR4 non-ECC memory. Do you think if I get a compatible ram it would work?

According to my friend it shouldn’t matter. He says the only restriction is it has to be DDR4 non-ECC memory. Do you think if I get a compatible ram it would work?
YES IT DOES MATTER THERE IS A REASON IT"S COMPATIBLE OR NOT.... Hp ram sticks get locked to oem specifec pc hp systems, dell same, omen same, company can add special codes to make things work with specific things if they dont want you cross platforming certain things they wont let you.... Do if you pulled the ram you have out of a gpo it could be locked to a hp

Freddolam

Commendable
Mar 30, 2020
YES IT DOES MATTER THERE IS A REASON IT"S COMPATIBLE OR NOT.... Hp ram sticks get locked to oem specifec pc hp systems, dell same, omen same, company can add special codes to make things work with specific things if they dont want you cross platforming certain things they wont let you.... Do if you pulled the ram you have out of a gpo it could be locked to a hp
Why didn't it say anything about compatibility on PC part picker? ANd what RAM do yo recommend?

Freddolam

Commendable
Mar 30, 2020
Pc part picker goes off of what people tell it people make mistakes the may have misread a line in the compatibility list could be several things as for what I would recommend GEIL GLS416GB4133C19DC 16GB(8GB*2) SS Samsung 19-19-19-39 1.4V 4133 4133 ● ●
Someone else told me to overclock it and it would work. Turned the voltage a bit too high and fried it won’t even turn on anymore. It’s ok though was gonna buy new ram anyways. If I put the new ram in the bios voltage reset? If not is there anyway to reset it?
Edit: Typo

Someone else told me to overclock it and it would work. Turned the voltage a bit too high and fried it won’t even turn on anymore. It’s ok though was gonna buy new ram anyways. If I put the new ram in the bios voltage reset? If not is there anyway to reset it?
Edit: Typo
Lmfbo "laugh my freezing butt off" whinning mods, live and let learn. Yeah I would try clearing you cmos and seeing if it will post, if not o well like you said your planning on getting new ones. But yeah no never ever ever try ocing ram without any previous knowledge on ocing in it'self ram is the 2nd most touchy thing in a pc almost. Maybe 3rd..... However make sure you order a compatible ram kit for your pc this time...
Also do note as you oc you cpu you slightly oc your ram with it

Freddolam

Commendable
Mar 30, 2020
Lmfbo "laugh my freezing butt off" whinning mods, live and let learn. Yeah I would try clearing you cmos and seeing if it will post, if not o well like you said your planning on getting new ones. But yeah no never ever ever try ocing ram without any previous knowledge on ocing in it'self ram is the 2nd most touchy thing in a pc almost. Maybe 3rd..... However make sure you order a compatible ram kit for your pc this time...
Also do note as you oc you cpu you slightly oc your ram with it
Nope nevermind got it to work just resetted bios. It turned out that I was OCing it. DOCP was already on and I cranked it up even more oops. Apparently my RAM is not compatible unless I overclock it (according to some reddit guy). If that's true do I still need a new RAM?

No
Nope nevermind got it to work just resetted bios. It turned out that I was OCing it. DOCP was already on and I cranked it up even more oops. Apparently my RAM is not compatible unless I overclock it (according to some reddit guy). If that's true do I still need a new RAM?
Not necessarily I would still get ram that os meant for the board will run a lot smoother. That beimg said don't listen to the Reddit guy no ram will have a problem becaise your not ocing it. It should run stalk settings always. Should NEVER EVER HAVE TO oc your ram as a matter of fact most ram sticks don't support oc. If you oc your cpu. You generally have to set your ram speeds a speed step back so if using 2666 you would need to use 2166

No
Not necessarily I would still get ram that os meant for the board will run a lot smoother. That beimg said don't listen to the Reddit guy no ram will have a problem becaise your not ocing it. It should run stalk settings always. Should NEVER EVER HAVE TO oc your ram as a matter of fact most ram sticks don't support oc. If you oc your cpu. You generally have to set your ram speeds a speed step back so if using 2666 you would need to use 2166
Some ram sticks are sometimes even basically just a rebuilt old model alrwady oc'd to meet new system specs.... China being a key example they will literally go as far as repurposing ddr2 into ddr3 and ocing them even mobo they will alter full bios's and chipset amd everything for new components

Freddolam

Commendable
Mar 30, 2020
Some ram sticks are sometimes even basically just a rebuilt old model alrwady oc'd to meet new system specs.... China being a key example they will literally go as far as repurposing ddr2 into ddr3 and ocing them even mobo they will alter full bios's and chipset amd everything for new components
This is just a question that has nothing to do with the stuff above. With my specs running GTA V at 1440p max settings all anti-aliasing, is it normal that the GPU does not stay at 95+ usage? Have to be honest it is barely in that range most of the time.

Edit: Nothing is overclocked but the RAM to DOCP profile 1

Edit 2: The FPS in the game is mostly fine. Even in some hard to run areas when the card is running 95+ I don't get high frames, yet in one instance I was running almost close to 60-70 fps while my GPU chilling like the people in Florida right now bathing on the beaches with the pandemic like it doesn't exist, at a 80-85%. The 80-85% is fine in easier areas where I still get 100+ frames but the low fps in that one area is concerning me a bit.

Last edited:
This is just a question that has nothing to do with the stuff above. With my specs running GTA V at 1440p max settings all anti-aliasing, is it normal that the GPU does not stay at 95+ usage? Have to be honest it is barely in that range most of the time.

Edit: Nothing is overclocked but the RAM to DOCP profile 1

Edit 2: The FPS in the game is mostly fine. Even in some hard to run areas when the card is running 95+ I don't get high frames, yet in one instance I was running almost close to 60-70 fps while my GPU chilling like the people in Florida right now bathing on the beaches with the pandemic like it doesn't exist, at a 80-85%. The 80-85% is fine in easier areas where I still get 100+ frames but the low fps in that one area is concerning me a bit.
That is a little strange have you checked to see if the card is still seated correctly sometimes if you dont click the card in all the clip and all it can slide out from weight not mount correctly